1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who was the shooter at ACRC....

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Mar 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

that couldn't miss? Larry Long____ something??? Butch didn't you know him?

2. steele

steele TS Member

Bulge, Last name was Longwood. Eddie Longwood. He is a hot shot livebird shooter from Europe. He is the equivalent of Big Leo, on the live bird circuit. His sister lives somewhere in the Pgh area. He was at Devaults for stockwork & came here for the holiday. I met him 25 years ago at a tactical police training school. I almost didn't recognize him. He teaches/taught fast target acquistion for combat situations. He used to have a training school for military. He teaches by referral only, with private lessons. His sister was an instructor for the Czech national police. I met her at a D & D clinic about three years ago. She wanted to learn more about American trap, so she contacted Devault. He helped her setup her gun stock.
    They used to call him "Fast Eddie". He is older now, I guess about 70. He would never shoot clays birds, as they were too easy. To prove it one time, on a bet, he shot 100 straight 16 birds, 100 straight 27 yard birds, 100 straight doubles, & 100 straight skeet targets, all with a 410 gun. Only changing chokes. Supposedly he was the mentor of George Digweed, from England. He used to shoot a Kemen, I don't know what he had yesterday. Somewhere I still have an old shirt from his school. It was funny, no one knew who he was yesterday, just a stranger showing up to have fun. I might have some pictures of him from the school too, I'll send to you. You weren't the only one who noticed him.
    Butch fom Pgh

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

That's the guy. I couldn't remember his name. We were talking a little, said he enjoyed the "Aligator Jumbalaya". Mike.

4. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

I don't know about anyone else, but 100 straight from 27 yds. with a .410 sounds a little fishy. I think even Harlan and Leo would agree.

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I would pay to watch him shoot 100 straight from the 27 yardline with a .410, next you'll tell us he had his eyes closed when he did it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. steele

steele TS Member

I didn't say I saw him do it, Only that he supposedly did it. He was sure smashing them wobble trap birds yesterday using his 28 gauge. Dennis Devault knows more about him & his sister, Olga/Helga, something like that.

7. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

Sounds fun to watch a guy like him shoot, weather he did or didnt shoot 100 straight with a 410 from any yardage. Breaking 100 straight with a 410 from 16 would be a huge accomplishment!!! Many will never do it with a 12 ga.

8. TjayE

TjayE Member

Dennis, give us a report on the ACRC shoot. Who was this great "Longwood" shooter. Did he break all the targets? Tom

9. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Sounds like a worthy challenge for our own Dr. Longshot.

10. Rays

Rays TS Member

April fools day is tomorrow. Ray S

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

A Longwood/Longshot duel in shoot-out format?? Both about the same age, both GREAT shooters. Could be the duel of the day at the Cardinal since both feel trap targets are too easy.

I'd like to set the trap to my specks for such a test of these two great shotgun pointing warriors abilities!! :) There will be no 100s shot.

Hap

12. steele

steele TS Member

Bulge, I always knew I kept too much junk, but after you mentioned Longwood, I knew I had a sweatshirt I bought at his school, over 30 years ago. I rooted around in the garage & found it. I was amazed at how much it shrunk. It is a bit tattered but here is a quick pic of it. The school/class was at Fort Indiantown Gap, in central PA. The Pa State Police had just began to organize a SWAT unit ( they call it SERT, Special Emergency Response Team). Longwood was brought in for initial training/setup for PSP instructors to follow.
    Butch
    muzzleblast_2008_030330.jpg

13. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

The famous Eddie Longwood he was at the shop two weeks ago and he is still a tremendous shot. He has stepped up to a 28 gauge now but not bad for a guy his age. We shot sporting clays and it is just a pleasure to watch him shoot. As smooth as anyone I ever been with. He told me he was back in the states to visit his sister and stopped by to visit me for a couple days. I hope to set up a hunt with him next year, when he comes in we plan on filming the hunt for a tv promotion. Can't wait to do this and share his shooting skills with others.

Dennis DeVault

14. drgondog

drgondog Member

I have heard that he is a good shot.. wondering where he shot flyers though. He was never at any of our DGC shoots in 70-99 nor do I recall him at San Antonio, Houston, Malloy's or Holford's, Mott's or Bancroft. Ditto Columbaire any place in Texas. I didn't shoot Chalfont East but I did shoot Philadelphia GC along upper east coast.

Joe - did you run into him?

As to running 100 with a .410 with as much as 3/4 oz of 7 1/2's?? Nope. Ditto Bunker. Better chance by far with a 28 due to major difference in pattern potential.

I would believe it if somebody shows me the attested score sheet.

15. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

Who named him Eddie Longwood?? His girl Friend? I mean dang he must be a good shot........... :) Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.