1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHO WAS THAT GUY

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by A CHANCE, Jun 18, 2013.

1. A CHANCE

A CHANCE TS Member

Who was the shooter that shot the doubles with a 28 gauge and singles with a 410 at the Pa. state shoot?

2. Trap MD

Trap MD TS Member

What kind of scores did he post?

3. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

I was squad leader on bank 7, event 17(?) when he shot his doubles with a very nice 525 Sporting in .410, starting on position 5. He never missed a first target and broke about half of the second targets. It was an eye opening experience!

best....mike

4. smoke-eater

smoke-eater Member

If you have the gun pointed at the right place when you pull the trigger, the target will break. Gary

5. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

There was a young fella in hunting orange, trap 6 shoot with a pump & had everyone's attention sitting at the Central Bldg

6. Bob M

Bob M Member

I saw that young man too Shootrman. Made me miss the old 870. Might have to get her out sometime soon.

7. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Not sure of the spelling but I believe it's Barthalow and he shoots a Beretta .410 for 16 yard targets. I don't know if he has yet accomplished it, but when I last discussed it with him, he wanted to be the first to break a registered 100 straight with the smaller gauge. I shot with him once at the NJ State Shoot and he broke in the high 90s.

Ed Yanchok

8. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

I once broke 23 from the 16 with a .410. but boy, if you're not on them, you're toast.

we found that it will work back to about 19 yards. we couldn't break a target past 20...and we tried hard.

on a related note, a buddy of mine and I were screwing around one day with his bolt action .410...he broke a pair on the skeet field (station 7) with it...that's TOUGH...you gotta jump on the first one and rack that bolt for all you're worth and just about hip shoot the high incomer...

9. Border Bandit

Ed, now I'm wondering if there were two guys shooting sub-gage guns, but Barthalow sounds right; although I couldn't bring him up on RJ Stuart. I know the position & squad of the guy who was shooting the .410 Browning 525 sporting, and if I could come up with a spelling, could track it down that way.

best....mike

10. steele

steele TS Member

For those of you going to Cardinal Center this week, you might get to see Eddie Longwood shoot a few. He might be in the country visiting his sister in Pgh. If so, he will probably stop in to see Devault. This man is a "master of masters" with the 410 gun. I saw him at a local Pgh club on Good Friday. He was shooting a 28 gauge at different games. I never saw him miss. Barrelbulge was there to see it also. Most people don't even know him or heard of him. I met him many years ago, when he was teaching "fast" target acquistion to the SWAT unit, when I was a PA State Trooper. There have been a few posts on TS about him. He's getting up in age now, mid 80s I'd guess. The story is he won a bet by shooting 100/16 yard tagets, 100 27 yard targets, 100 doubles, & 100 skeet targets, using his Renato Gamba 410. He commented, "I cheated a little, I changed chokes a few times". He made his living teaching military/police in Europe & traveling the Live pigeon circuit. He won 7 events in a row, which is like winning the Grand Amercan handicap 7 straight times. Butch from Pgh

11. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

His name is John Barkalow. Has shot the 410 as long as I have known him.

Doug

12. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

So, how many reductions can you get shooting with a .410.....

13. Border Bandit

Thanks, Doug. He shot a 76, and I stand corrected; it was event 19.

14. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

is he the 18 yarder ?????

15. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Shot with a guy Sunday caps. He was a 23 yarder an had a 410. Avg.about 19 per bank.We were on bank 11.