1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who wants to live in a Police State?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by ysr_racer, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Why stop at armed guards in schools? Don't we need them in malls, theaters, markets, hospitals, churches, synagogues, and virtually everywhere people congregate?

Maybe we could nationalize them, and give them nice matching black uniforms?

Think how safe we'll be.

[​IMG]

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

As well funded as our military,,,,,,with the cutbacks, that may not be much.......

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

ysr racer,

Your not obeying the liberals on here, YOUR not suppose to do the comparison between Hitler and Obama and his clowns!!

Your not suppose to hit them with FACTS, it only makes them mad and start calling you names!!

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Armed citizens are better than armed guards.

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

"Solent Green." Remember the apartment complexes patrolled by guys with those nasty "Black guns?"

6. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Educate the masses and lock up the crazies! Wait a minute, Did that work for Mao? Bill

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

A lot of schools already have police resource officers.

Stop being so dramatic. I'm a Libertarian, but you sound like an adolescent anarchist or something.

8. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

All of our intermediate and secondary schools have a resource officer and he doesn't salute Hitler. Actually he has a lot of functions to perform in the school and protecting the students from mass murderers is the least important of these.

9. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Oh now Buzz gun and barker are changing their tunes again- not surprising

I suggested police or qualified and screened and trained returning combat veterans from the first get go

Regards from Iowa

Gene

10. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Rick, you should consider Corporal Eugene's personal attacks as a compliment.

11. crusha

crusha TS Member

"Ground Control to Corporal Eugene..."

12. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

The only reaction sane people who read Eugene's rants is pitty and laughter. You gotta admit, though, he is funny in a pathetic sort of way- kinda of like laughing at somebody who closed a door on their finger.

13. JH

JH Well-Known Member

You guys are missing Brad's point: He is saying the NRA's suggestion to put armed guards in schools is ludicrous and it will only lead to more and more armed guards to the point we will become a police state.

He was not promoting the NRAs point of view.....

How about this other point of view, Brad:

By disarming civilians, the "NANNY STATE" will ensure passive-dependent compliance with their plan to replace traditional American values with more "progressive" life styles....citizens will solely rely upon the state for their own personal security.....individual rights will be censured and "politically correct" thought rewarded....free speech will be curtailed, unless it is "politically correct" speech....dependence on the state will be promoted...independence and self-reliance will be punished....

Passive-dependence and entitlement is a lot worse than initiative, independence, personal responsibility and FREEDOM!

14. Cush

Cush TS Member

So, Brad, what should be done? Nothing? Just say "sh** happens" and tell the parents to make more kids?

Or maybe you're one of the idiots who thinks outlawing "assault weapons" will solve the problem. As a trapshooter said the other day at the Club when we were discussing this, "If I walked into an elementary school with my over-under and a shellbag full of #2's, how many kids and teachers do you think I could kill before someone could stop me?"

Obviously, he could probably kill as many or more as the nut in CT did, even having to reload after every two shots.

So when your moronic Sen. Boxer gets everything except O/U's, SxS's and single-shots confiscated, and some nut then kills 30 little kids with an O/U, are we going to outlaw those, too?

I can guaranty you that Boxer will argue for it.

The idea that police in schools will lead to a "police state" is as wrong as the argument a few years ago that an armed citizenry (CCW's) would lead to shootouts over parking spaces at the mall. I know it's hard to find anyone with a brain in CA but you need to start listening to someone else. I suggest John Lott on the Internet.

Regards,

Ralph Cushman
    Anchorage, AK

15. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Someone in the media mentioned:

"Blaming assault rifles for the tragedy in Conn. is the same as blaming airplanes for 9/1/01."

16. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

>> Ralph Cushman Anchorage, AK

Hey Ralphy, long time no visual.

Could a guy like you or me do a lot of damage with an o/u shotgun? No question. Could your average idiot? No chance.

All this talk of bans, and you can still buy full auto weapons in most states.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling.

17. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

I don't get it, why are you so special that only you can do a lot of damage with an O/U shotgun? Even a caveman could do that. Even Gene can operate an O/U without dropping it on his head.

Just wait until some sociapath kills a bunch of people with a sawed off O/U or S by S loaded with buckshot and see if the libtards don't go after them too. Any idiot can operate a hacksaw.

18. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Hey Brad,

I have seen you shoot....you are not that good!

By the way, Brad has a neat webpage...the poor guy, is still recovering from having lived and presumably infested with the PEOPLE'S REPUBLIK OF KALIFORNIA virus. Hopefully, the KALIFORNIA virus will be rendered harmless while shooting the 5 stand at Markham Park.....

He is really a "good guy" I hope he "gets over it".....

19. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

>> I have seen you shoot....you are not that good!

OK, that made me laugh :)

All this fear and paranoia isn't doing any of us any good.

20. Cush

Cush TS Member

The only "fear and paranoia" I've seen in this regard has been in leftists who want to ban every gun they possibly can. If you care about the right to bear arms for more than shooting sporting clays, you'd be a fool not to be very, very concerned right now, with so many leftists in office and so many of them clamoring to ban guns.

Ask the people in Australia who used to own semi-auto shotguns, handguns, etc., and were made to turn them to be destroyed, if we are being "paranoid."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.