1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who votes--Who doesn't?????

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by funski, Aug 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funski

funski Member

THIS BELONGS IN THE POLITICAL SECTION - NOT FOR SALE/WANTED...

Since the 1st of the year I've made a real effort to try and find if people actually vote. I've talked to middle class, upper middle and upper class people from all over the country and have worked voting into the conversation. It absolutely amazes me how many don't vote but also haven't even registered to vote. Just think we actually go to war with some frikkin country just so their people can go the polls. It goes without saying that the biggest mouthes are the one that haven't seen the inside of a polling place. Just my own little poll You guys should try it. Thanks for listening Jim

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

You missed by two sections. Should be down two. Just saying.

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I have not missed an election yet and don't plan to. My first election was for state people. My second was for Pre. I voted for Reagan.

At work we had a guy who loved to talk about the Gov. One day about 6 or 7 of us were talking and I said "Wait wait wait a min. I looked at one guy and said DID YO VOTE? YES. The next guy DID YOU VOTE? Yes and so on till I got to this one guy and he said NO. I looked at him and said SHUT UP. You do not have the right to talk about the gov or how thing are. He wanted to fight but everyone said hey he's right you don't vote and because you don't vote you lost your right to lalk. Another person even added that he wasn't even registed to vote. They all backed me and told him to walk away. Boy was he mad at me. LOL. Hey you don't vote then you don't talk or complain on how things are run.

4. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

The morons who complain the loudest are the ones that also do not vote. jmho Bill

5. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I get angry with folks that are always putting some elected official down and when I ask who did you vote for and they say I didn't vote. I usually tell them that they have a right to an opinion but since they didn't vote they lost the right to express it. Jackie B. Oh, and yes I vote.

6. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I've voted in every general election since 1972, never voted for a Democrat for president.

John C. Saubak

7. capulona

capulona TS Member

ever since i was naturalized in 1994, i never missed a vote, whether it was local, state or the presidential elections. shit, i even vote for the school board.

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

So, what have you got for sale?

9. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

I do every chance I get

10. BigJohn270

BigJohn270 Member

I vote early and often.....:grin:

11. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Do people who don't vote, really admit it?? I would be ashamed if i didn't vote. I have always thought it as not only my right but my privledge. Have voted every election i could since turning 18.

12. Libra1310

Libra1310 TS Member

I admit I didn't vote until my mid 20's. Although I live in NY and my vote for President doesn't really matter, still do it.

13. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I have voted in every election since 1968. I won't even talk (argue) politics with anyone including friends and Children who do not vote.

blade819

14. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I voted for Nixon my first time, and haven't missed any since except when I was over seas in the USAF

15. shadow

shadow Active Member

I cast my first ballot for Gwight D. Eisenhower (second term) and havent missed an opportunity to vote since.

16. kansas pete

kansas pete TS Member

I started voting in 1966 at the age of 21. Haven't missed one yet and now vote early in case something happens. I express my opinion loudly from time to time and agree with others on here saying "if you don't vote you have lost your right to complain".

17. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

I guess I'm like Pat. I have to vote to cancel out my wife's. Sometimes I get lucky and she forgets to go to the poles.

18. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

I have voted in EVERY Local, State and National election since 1961. We even vote NO in most School budget votes even though we are outnumbered by the 18 year old kids who want to make sure they don't lose Music, Football, Skiing, etc. Larry Evans

19. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

There was an old lady who I would take to town every so often. It was time to vote and I offered to take her in. She is a Dem and I'm a Rep. She said No, you'll just cancel my vote. OH thats what you think? Tell you what I'll vote first and then let you vote so you can cancel my vote how's that? She laughed but still said no to going. Even she had the right to vote.

20. Trapazoid

Trapazoid TS Member

Voting is not only your constitutional right, in my mind it is your constitutional obligation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.