1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

who uses a keensight adj rib???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jbmOU, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

I am thinking of adding a keensight adjustable rib to my gun. How many of you guys use them, and have they helped your shooting at all?

The reason I am thinking of doing this is because I keep on finding myself having to move my comb up higher and higher to get a higher POI and I am nearing the end of the posts. I am thinking of putting on the adjustable rib and extending the posts for the adjustable comb. Do you think its a good idea?

2. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

3. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

I have installed and used a Keen Sights non-adjustable rib on my BT-99 (add 1/2 inch higher) as well as a Moneymaker adjustable high rib on my Beretta 391. One of main points in adding a rib, is that you will need to raise the comb about the same height as the added rib adds. A Keen adjustable rib is 9/16 inch high minimum (this only provides 3 rib adjustments at front) to 11/16 inch high (4 adjustments but can be done even higher) Thus if you already need a higher comb, you would have to add about 9/16 inch to that as a base, then use the rib adjustment to increase POI over what you now get. Same is true for the Moneymaker rib, although this is not an add on, but a complete replacement rib.

I find the higher rib a great help shooting, primarily because it allows for a more erect head position, easing strain upon the neck. But also, for me it provides a better sight picture of the target, without the distraction of the barrel, since you only see the narrow rib which does not obstruct the target, especially on wide angle birds. There are those who do not like, or cannot shoot a high rib gun however.

One thing you might try is to cut a piece of balsa wood to the size and/or shape of the rib you are thinking of, paint it black, and tape it to the existing rib temporarily to try out the concept. You can taper it back to front to raise POI if desired also. I did this in order to determine just what configuration I wanted Keen Sights to make a rib, and Vicki Keen did a bang up job of making the rib just right from those dimensions.

4. chemist

chemist Member

Keen sights did the same for me with a fixed rib on my BT 99- I sent the balsa template at 3/8 " - they machined out the bottom for my beads so I did not have to unscrew them as I did not want to chance them breaking- had to do a little more inletting for front bead but was no big deal- Vicki did job as promised, kept the time frame as promised and was very, very cooperative- and I no longer have to jam my cheek into the stock- fair price also.

rich

5. victoria K

victoria K Member

Thanks guys for you're feedback on our ribs and service it’s appreciated.

jbmOU if you have any questions don't hesitate to give me a shout, my email address is above and our Phone # is 661-703-1865

Vicki Keen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.