1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who to send my Beretta to?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Coach, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

COLE!

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Well-Known Member

Dr Phil Crenweldge in Texas. I don't have his number. Jeff

3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

COLE!

Bob Lawless

4. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

For a Beretta; Cole is the "Guru" on these guns. Ed

5. superxjeff

Doesn't take a guru to replace locking lugs. talk to pat or Phil both are highly capable of doing anything that Cole can do and I suspect for less money. cole seems awful proud of his work. Jeff

6. T.B. Sheets

T.B. Sheets TS Member

Phillips Gunsmithing {Phillip Crenwelge}
    210 313 5988

7. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

8. edgmc1

edgmc1 TS Member

Need associated data; Beretta 303, factory Monti-Carlo stock availability with
    considerably longer length of pull (15 inches +). Where to find? Thankyou ed

9. alabamahunter

alabamahunter TS Member

Anyone but Beretta. Unless you want to not see your gun for a year!

10. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

I had a simi auto under warranty and sent it back to Beretta in Maryland for repairs. Less than a 3 week turnaround from my home in CO and the gun is fixed along with a detailed report on what was done, includiding test firing. Still if you are paying for the repairs, I would select one of these fine smiths mentioned on this thread. gyrine

11. ivanhoe

SuperXJeff

"Phil both are highly capable of doing anything that Cole can do and I suspect for less money. cole seems awful proud of his work."

Jeff this not an attempt to start an argument. I have not dealt with Cole in about 5 years now(because there have been know problems since he last worked on mine)the last time he worked on it. I broke a hammer in the gun in the middle of a handicap event.

I call and asked to talk to him and was told he was very busy and couldn't come to the phone. I was told that if I left a number he would get back to me. He did in the evening of the same day. I told him that it had a problem and I didn't know what was wrong. I described the noises it was making and told him to go through the receiver and replace anything that was worn or even questionable.

When the job was done less than 2 weeks in the busy season just before hunting season. He sent me back a detailed list of the work done. Also a bag of parts that were removed and replaced he installed a locking bolt and tightened the receiver. The gun was very tight and acted like a new gun.

For all of this he charged me $281 returned shipping included in the bill. If anyone including you feels that this price is out of line. Then the other you mention must be working for nothing.

I am aware that it was five years ago and the prices I am sure are higher now. I do not however think I was treated badly at all.

Bob Lawless

12. mirage1

mirage1 Member

Bob I am glad you had a good experience with Cole but I think SuperX Jeff
    is right. I think he can be very abrasive at least that has been my
    experience with him and a couple friends I know.

Joe

13. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

My gun (682 Gold E) has been to Cole's for the annual service and once for a broken locking mechanism. Each time they have been very reasonable on the pricing and a quick turnaround.

There may be other gunsmiths that are as good, this is just my experience with Cole's.

Curt

14. ivanhoe

grnberetcj there may be other gunsmiths that are as good there may be other gunsmiths that are that are better. I simply stated a factual experience that I had to Jeff as he seem to be saying that Cole was expensive.

Now I have multiple poster on this thread explaining Jeff's point of view. Funny thing is he is entitled to his point of view and I never said he wasn't. From the rebuttal I am getting evidently I am not entitled to my or at least the right to write to a specific individual. So I guess now when someone is asking for information I will just keep it to myself because what I have to say doesn't meet with everyone approval.

Bob Lawless

15. superxjeff

Bob... You are entiteld to your opinion as are everybody else. I have always admired your posts as no non sense and I respect your opinion. Jeff Westlund

16. ivanhoe

Jeff I had no intention of starting trouble as a matter of fact. I believe the first statement I made was that I wasn't looking for an argument.

For some reason of late every time I ask a question or make a statement I am either directly/non directly being accused of stirring the pot so to speak. It would seem that all of this election BS has everyone of their feed or they are just experiencing that time of the month.

Again it was not meant to be a attack on your opinion,. I am in the habit of addressing my post directly to who ever sparks a response from me that way there is no question as to who I am writing. I can also tell who is ignoring my comments.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.