1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who to put short rib on 1100 ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Doug Brown, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

I'd like to put a Perazzi "short" rib, non-adj. on a Rem. 1100 PLAIN barrel. Glue on would be fine. Who would do this work ?

2. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

Go to above address. Simple do it yourself install. Adjustable for POI.

Easy off also. No glue, clamps to the side of the existing rib.

Here's my gun with the Mini Rib. I have 3 of the Mini ribs. great company to do business with. Get delivery from Italy in 3 business days.

If you have any questions, please Pm and I answer any questions you might have.

Tomas

[​IMG]

3. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

Go to above address. Simple do it yourself install. Adjustable for POI.

Easy off also. No glue, clamps to the side of the existing rib.

Here's my gun with the Mini Rib. I have 3 of the Mini ribs. great company to do business with. Get delivery from Italy in 3 business days.

If you have any questions, please Pm and I answer any questions you might have.

Tomas

[​IMG]

4. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

Go to above web site. Easy do it your self install. Great people to do business with. Get delivery in 3 business days from Italy.

Here's a pixture of mine.

Tomas

[​IMG]

5. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

Doesn't fix a flinch though.

Tomas

6. Stumpi24

Stumpi24 Member

Doug don't do this, Ed says and I agree you don't have to pay back the money you owe us so you don't have to sell your seitz and you perazzi. Don't do this please. Thanks STan

7. rrose

rrose TS Member

When Doug said plain barrel I think he meant that his barrel has no rib at all on it and he is looking for a way to clamp the rib onto a barrel that has no rib attached yet. I wish some one would come up with a clamp that would go on a plain non ribed barrel to hold an aftermarket rib. Even better would be a clamp on attachment the would work on barrles with factory ribs and clamp onto the barrel and not touch the existing rib. Then you could mount a rib with out RTV or tape and to take it off would only require loosening a couple of screws.
    I am willing to sell some one the rights to my idea if they will design and manufacture the clamps, lol just kidding, but i do think it is a good idea.
    randy

8. max trap

max trap Member

Ed Says.....DO IT !! Sell everything ! I want the money you owe me and Stumpi !

9. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

I asked a serious question & Stumpi can't keep his hands off the keyboard! At least he's not advocating the 29yd line again. As far as ribs he needs to stick with what he knows about; pork ribs, spare ribs & prime rib!

10. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

I would think ADD A Rib could make you a short rib to your specificatons, height and length from their existing extrusions. I would also think with number of different adhesives available you should be able to find one that will adhere to both barrel and rib. The people at ADD A Rib may be able to help with as well.

Years ago, I shot with an old boy who epoxied a piece of aluminum to the barrel of his Winchester 37, he shot it very well.

Surfer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.