1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

who to put invector threads in my 410 o/u

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by john ellis, Aug 26, 2013.

1. john ellis

john ellis Member

looking at 410 citori with full chokes--who do you recommend-to put invector chokes in the barrels. John

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Probably nobody. Browning swages their barrels to accommodate choke tubes, so there is insufficient OD to add them aftermarket.

3. nanuk

nanuk TS Supporters TS Supporters

However, you can still have choke tubes installed if your barrel OD meets a
    sufficient/minimum dimmension -(they are refered to as "thinwall". Briley and many others (Mike Orlen comes to mind and is very reasonable) frequently do this work.
    regards
    Bob

4. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Briley Manufacturing in Houston, TX Martinpicker

5. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Why bother? How far do you want to spread out 1/2 oz. of shot?

6. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Briley.....

7. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I am with the others to a point. Number one... Unless you have some sentimental attachment to the gun it may be cheaper to sell it and buy a different browning with choke tubes. Unless you have a skeet only use for the gun the full chokes have always served me well in the 410. If anything, just have the tubes opened to modified and mod for less then 100 bucks from any number of competent gunsmiths.

OR.... If you little heart is just set on choke tubes, Briley can do it. 480.00 plus freight both ways to Briley/ By the time you add insurance and freight it will be another 100.00 so call it 580.00

So.... 600.00 bucks for 5 choke tubes.

Sell the gun for 1200 maybe more and buy another gun for 1700 and you will most likely have longer barrels and a gun that is far more saleable if you tire of the 410.

Choke is a good thing with a 410.

Even shooting skeet a little choke is a good thing.

Good luck with whatever you choose. Jeff

8. john ellis

john ellis Member

thanks for all opinions --I think I will shoot it with the full chokes for awhile--see how it works--these chokes are set for 25 yards -usually--thanks again John Ellis

9. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

First 25 straight in skeet that I ever shot with a 410 was with a Winchester 101 with 28" barrels choked mod and full from J&G Rifle Ranch being closed out for $299. Choke in a 410 is a good thing! I also tend to shoot a lot more choke in 28/410 Sporting than most people to good effect.

10. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

and don't forget speed !