1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who to call in Ottsville for K-80 reblue and maint

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mallard2, Jul 27, 2013.

1. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

Hi,

I am thinking about sending my K-80 back to Krieghoff Int. this fall for re-blue and maintenance.

Anybody know who to call specifically about costs and such. I have called the service number but get recordings.

Thanks a lot for your help. Love the old K-gun. Want to treat it right.

2. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

3. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

They may take off weekends.

4. gailmk67

gailmk67 Member

I talked with Janine to set mine up. She was extremely helpful and priced the job to the penny. I had barrel reblued, stock refinished and an annual service. Gun looked factory new when returned to me. I was more then happy!

Regards, Joe

5. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

Joe, thanks a lot. Very helpful. Would you be ok to give me an approximate rough cost on the single barrel re-blue and maintenance?

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Ask for Braxton, he is the go to guy for service.

7. gailmk67

gailmk67 Member

You are best to get your pricing from KI. I can tell you that I thought the price was more than reasonable for what I had done.

Joe

8. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Either Braxton or Jeanine will be able to assist you. Be aware that Braxton may not be in because he usually travels to shoots and the Grand.

Gene in Illinois

9. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

Thanks, guys. I really appreciate your help.

10. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Janine is the person to talk to. Don't drag a gunsmith out of the shop to quote prices. They'll just have to ask Janine anyhow. I just send them the gun and wait for the call. I've never been overcharged. I drive to the shop, but sending the gun works too. Forget the "annual service". When they reblue the gun, it is in parts and they will fix anything that is not right. Save your money.

11. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

I'll try to copy & paste from Kreighoff international's web site

Service Information
    Service:
    Our Ottsville, PA facility offers a wide range of services for all Krieghoff firearms, whether it is a minor repair, preventative maintenance, or complete refurbishing. We carry a complete line of parts to rebuild everything from the K-32 to the newest model Krieghoff guns.

Locations:
    Our Ottsville service department is located in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, about 1 1/2 hours north of Philadelphia and 45 minutes south of Easton, Pa. (click here for link to map). Our shop is located at 7528 Easton Road, Ottsville, PA 18942, which is just south of the intersection of Highways 611 and 113, eight miles north of Doylestown, Pennsylvania.

Hours:
    The shop is open by appointment, Monday through Friday, from 9:00am-5:00pm. Walk in appointments can be made in advance by calling the service department at (610) 847-5173. We also request you call our service department before shipping in your gun for repair. Making an appointment enables us to schedule your service work efficiently, allowing the fastest possible turnaround time. In many cases we can get your gun back to you within the same week using UPS or Federal Express next day air delivery services. When you send us your gun, the package should have a letter from you with it. The letter should be inside the package with the gun and include the following:
    1) The serial number of your gun, forend iron and barrels along with a description of the work needed (or of the problem you are experiencing).
    2) Your complete name, street address for return shipping by United Parcel Service (unless other arrangements are made in advance) and daytime telephone number where you can be reached in the event there are questions regarding your gun..
    3) Please note the current BATF regulations only allow us to return the gun to the person who sent it to us and the address it was sent from. So if you use a package service, make sure your name is still the first name on the return address. Alternatively, you can have the gun returned to someone else, if that person is an FFL holder and we have a current copy of that FFL in our files, prior to shipping.

Packing:
    Your gun should be sent in a protective case within a cardboard box. Proper packing material should be used to ensure that the gun cannot shake, rattle, or move around in the box at all. Make sure to insure each package for the full value of the gun. On return shipping, next day and second day delivery service are available at extra cost. An adult signature will be required when the gun is delivered.
    NOTE: Remove all aerosol cans such as gun oil spray cans prior to shipping a gun to Krieghoff International. Aerosol cans fall under hazardous materials and although not illegal to ship it currently runs an extra $30.00 for the special labeling and handling of packages required by law and charged by common carriers. If we find aerosol cans with any guns, we will remove them without further notification and without compensation prior to return shipping any guns.

Payment:
    Payment is expected at the time service is rendered. We accept MasterCard , Visa, AMEX and Discover. We will also accept personal checks mailed to us prior to shipping out. Guns being returned when these arrangements are not possible can be shipped C.O.D.

Pricing:
    Repair work is based on an hourly rate of $90.00. The cost of parts is additional. There is a price for most regularly performed service jobs, such as K-80 annual service ($295 for 1or 2 Barrels), which can be obtained by calling the service department. Please note, however, that a final price for repair on some jobs cannot be given until the gun is physically inspected and the work needed is appraised here in our shop.

SERVICES AVAILABLE

Annual Service and Preventative Maintenance:
    This service includes checking the gun for headspace, overcock, proper tolerances of sears, ejectors and hammers and complete disassembly and replacement of springs as needed throughout the receiver and forend iron. All parts are inspected for wear and minor trigger and timing adjustments are made if needed. The gun is cleaned and lubed. The barrel is tightened to the actions when possible. Replacement of broken or badly worn parts is available, at additional cost. The K-80 Annual Service is $295.00 (1 or 2 Barrels); The K-32 Annual Service is $375.00 ( 1 or 2 Barrels); The KX-5 & KX-6 Annual Service is $175.00 and The KS-5 Annual Service is $195.00. Annual services require the entire gun be sent in to ensure complete and guaranteed service. Annual service prices slightly higher for 3 or more barrel sets.

Basic Service Check:
    A basic service check is normally done on a gun when it has been in use for 1-2 years, depending on how much it has been shot. The service includes removal of wood, inspection of all working parts for wear and proper timing, complete cleaning and lubrication of receiver, forend iron and barrel.

Barrel Work:
    Krieghoff International Service performs barrel service including porting, replacing sights, removing dents, fitting barrels to your receiver and restamping of numbers and gauge markings. We also can perform point of impact adjustment here at our shop, with our complete underground patterning facility.

Trigger Services:
    We can adjust the weight of pull, pre-travel or creep, engagement, safety and selecting on your trigger. Factory specified trigger pull weight on K-80 trap and skeet guns is 3 1/2 lbs. for the bottom barrel and 4 pounds for top barrel. Sporting gun specs are 4 lbs. for both barrels. K-80 RT models are also 4 lbs. for both barrels. We will adjust your triggers as close to your specifications as possible, while maintaining operational safety of the gun.
    Should you decide that you need a "release" type trigger in your gun, only the Krieghoff service department should install it. Single release triggers are available in models KS-5, KX-5, the K-32 and the K-80 and double release triggers are available in the K-80 and K-32. We can also restore your gun to a pull-style trigger after a release trigger has been installed. Please note that a factory release is not available for the model K-80 RT. The sear springs can be updated in older serial number K-32 and K-80 guns. This is the conversion from wire springs to coil springs for better reliability and trigger pull weight consistency. K-80 guns made since the year 1990 will already have the coil-style sear springs.

Metal Refinishing:
    Re-blueing is desirable when your receiver or barrel show the signs of wear. Any rust or pitting should be taken care of before it takes its toll on the function or value of your gun. We offer complete restoration of K-80 and K-32 blueing from just the top latch or trigger guard to a complete 4-barrel set. All metal refinishing requires complete disassembly. We inspect, clean and lubricate all parts when the gun is re-assembled. Minor repairs or replacements are included in the base price. If your receiver has a nickel finish, it can also be put back to new condition. This requires sending the action to the Krieghoff factory in Ulm, Germany, and will usually take around four months for the complete job.

Woodwork and Refinishing:
    A Krieghoff factory adjustable comb can be installed on your stock. Only Krieghoff hardware is used in this process. In addition, we can install a variety of adjustable butt plate devices, recoil reducers, recoil pads or bend your stock to change for cast and drop.
    A complete Custom Stock Department is available on site with full stock making and refurbishing capabilities ranging from refinishing to building a stock to your specifications. Minor dents and scratches can be raised or buffed out. We offer a soft sheen satin urethane finish, which is standard on the K-80. High gloss urethane finish, deep hand-rubbed walnut oil finish, or the popular "Tru-Oil" finishes are also available options.

Aesthetics:
    Krieghoff International has a special line of gold inlay top latches and trigger guards that can be installed on your gun. Birds, hunting dogs, broken targets, eagles and American flags are all available in top latches and trigger guards, in nickel, nitride and blue finishes. Personalize your gun with your initials in gold on a special trigger guard, or add a gold target top latch just for a little added style. Please click here to view the variety of top latches and trigger guards that we currently have available or call us to order your own custom top latch or trigger guard.

Krieghoff International's factory trained gunsmiths and customer service representatives are available to answer any questions you may have either by phone or e-mail as follows:
    610-847-5173 (ph)
    610-847-8691 (fax)
    service@krieghoff.com (email)

We look forward to the opportunity to serve you!

12. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Braxton Newman

13. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Janine Snyder

Service Department

Krieghoff International, Inc.

610-847-5173 x 101

www.krieghoff.com

Search tags for this page

krieghoff re-blue