1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who should make the most money

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by copper, Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. copper

copper Member

I think doctors if you are sick and could not be helped you have nothing. All that you have worthless. Then the skill cutting into someone easing someones pain , what comes close . The stress of dealing with people in pain and then the ones that you can,t help. My hat is off to the doctors. Ps most of the medical cost are not doctors and nurses is insurance and cost of other things. My wife has been Nurse for years did home care for the last 4 years She is now a clinical manager goes into field at times when needed.

2. Joen

Joen Member

My wife works as a RN at Genesis Hospital did not get a raise last year; Genesis reason was they had 45 Million dollars in unpaid health care bills in one year so I know it is not the Doctors or Nurse making too much, her wages have not gone up 80% in the last 10 years

3. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

The thing that people must realize about doctors is that they only get paid while they are working. There are no residuals, no follow-on revenues, unlike many business people and investors who get paid even while they sleep. In this respect, a doctor is no more than a plumber or carpenter.

If doctors were to be paid by the value of the services they perform, their fees would be hugely higher. However, the profession has now sunk to the level of "pill-pusher" in the eyes of many. I submit that much of this is caused not by the doctors or their services, but by the state and local medical boards whose regulations and "oversight" mitigate against the practice of medicine as a art.

Under Obamacare, this will get worse - much worse. Medicine will become a job and not a profession. Doctors will be treated as motor vehicle clerks; or worse! The people attracted to medicine will no longer be the best and the brightest. You need not be a sage or a prophet to see this nor will you have to wait long to see the results!

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Zowie, you're going to piss Dahaub off with this one. (I can hear him brewing in his shorts from here). From the way he gets wound up talking about doctor pay, it sounds like he thinks Doctors should make no more than a pipeline welder with an 8th grade education.

That's how people think, when they're jealous of anyone who has more than them.

In the words of Mencken, "The good physician bestows what the gods merely promise."

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Well, maybe on the plus side is the Republicans will have a lot of new friends from the medical community.

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The things Paramedics do in an MICU (Mobile Intensive Care Unit) are well worth what they get paid and more when you need them, while the Doctor is sitting in the ER (Emergency Room) telling the Paramedics what to do, waiting for the Ambulance to arrive with the patient ... I have been there and done that and its no fun trying to do some of them things on the run ... I truly loved my job as a Fire Fighter/Paramedic and in some cases would rather have a nurse (male or female) attend to me rather than some of the Doctors I have seen in action ... If you ever need to be cut out of a car that has been involved in a wreck don't call your Doctor, call the Fire Dept and they will respond with an MICU and Paramedics and you won't get a bill for their services, maybe now days you will ... But it never was like that when I was working ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. copper

copper Member

I understand all doctors are not great some have no bed side manner and so on. But be that as it may when comes down to it and someone in your family needs a doctor, a nurse will not do my wife a nurse for years will tell me ask the doctor. We hold them to standards out of control at times sickness does not follow a set of rules. As with most jobs you will be remember for what you did not do not what you did. We look up to sports stars more than doctors and they are paid more, is a joke someone who plays a game . They can,t help everone . When your son or daughter or wife or husband is sick you will be gratfull for the effort. Dave

8. brucestorey

brucestorey Member

You know what they call the guy who graduated last, at the bottom of his class in med school?

Doctor!

9. copper

copper Member

What do they call the guy who did not graduate something else , I take the him instead of local shoe salesmen for medical advise.

10. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

The truly important thing to remember is that, regardless of what the democrats might believe

YOU HAVE NO INALIENABLE RIGHT TO HEALTHCARE.

You might be able to convince someone to treat you in exchange for money. Or gold, or chickens, or something else. But you have NO right to walk into a doctors office and demand that they treat you.

11. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

buzz, I gotta ask: how would know about what is brewing in Dahaub's shorts? LOL!!!

12. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

I feel that anybody who wants to make the most money should be able to. I don't care what job they do. If they work hard they should be rewarded. Get 10 million bonus,great go for it. Hard work will pay off. Most of us don't work that hard.

13. quartering

quartering Active Member

know what obama will call the guy who finished first in mortuary school?

doctor

14. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Doctors here will be paid and treated as they are paid and treated in the UK and in Australia. In those countries the doctors are paid about like RN'S here.

15. Scott Morris

Scott Morris TS Member

Lineman & Nurses. From an x-Marine...it's the folks on the line that counts. By the way...I'm a Lineman & my wife is a Nurse...what can I say...

Scott

16. crusha

crusha TS Member

Jeff is right about the inalienable "right to health care." There is no nation anywhere in the world where healthcare is a right. If it was a true right, the government could not deny it to you. In other countries, the "right to healthcare" simply boils down to the right to be placed on a list. That's all. The Canadian Supreme Court, in fact, has ruled against at least one patient who was denied care, and attempted to bring a case based on their "right to care." The CSC ruled they couldn't sue the government for denial of care, any more than you could sue the Police for failing to save you from a crime. Foolish Obama voters have come to equate the right to be placed on a list with the right to care - and they will live to learn - and regret - the difference.

The fact that governments can, and do, ration care, is proof in itself there is no right to healthcare. If it was truly a right, they could not deny anybody anything. Any time you start talking about cost/benefit calculations, you're not talking about a right anymore. Politicians know that; but they're preying on the semantic laziness of the public and our inability to discern the truth. They're hooking us in, with grand tales of a right that does not exist, and one they furthermore have no intention of delivering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.