Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who should choke my barrel?

3K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  2@8lo 
#1 ·
I have a Remington 1100 Special with an IC choke. I would like a choke system installed. Where should I have this done? Thanks in advance for the advice.

David

#6 ·
Wrights is the one i would choose. In my opinion their chokes are second to none and they seem to be very knowledgeable. Stu and his wife are the authority when it comes to shotgun chokes. Don't take my word for it though, call 'em yourself. 1-618-357-8933.

#8 ·
Choking your barrel is a personal thing and should only be done in private. I have to agree miketmx, keep your current barrel as is and buy one that is already factory threaded for chokes. Look at the new barrel as an investment rather than an expense. Bet you can find a reasonably priced barrel right here on T.S.com

Robert

#11 ·
Bite the bullet buy a Remington barrel with choke tubes then you can buy good chokes for it and shoot skeet trap sporting and 5 stand all with one barrel. They are for sale on here often or just post a WTB ad that is why I like this sight so much it is a valuble resorce for equiptment and information.

#13 ·
I would save the barrel and look for a good used barrel, preferably with choke tubes. I'm sure you could sell the original barrel for a good part of the cost. Just put up a WTB thread or sift through it and keep your eyes open. There's a few on there from time to time. You could also try for a "Want to Trade" post, but most people on here are looking for the same thing as you are. If you look hard enough, you could find a whole gun for a little more and have plenty of spare parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.