1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who Shoots when in SOUTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Huntin'Fool, May 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huntin'Fool

Huntin'Fool Well-Known Member

I am looking to shoot more this week then i usually do. I live in SE Pa and shoot at Branch Valley on Wednesdays. I talked to a guy this past friday who told me what clubs shoot when but i forget. If anyone knows who shoots Tuesdays, Thursdays and the monthly Sunday shoot schedule. I think Boulder Valley shoots the 4th Sunday.

Thank you

2. det131

det131 Member

Bucks County Fish & Game
    1745 Turk Rd.
    Doylestown, PA 18901

ATA & Practice: First two Saturdays of the Month 10 - 4

ATA & Practice: Third and fourth Sundays of the Month 11 - 4

ATA & Practice: Every Tuesday 12 - 7

Practice: Every Friday 12- 7

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jim

3. det131

det131 Member

Guess I should add the program

[​IMG]

Jim

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

I believe in most of SE Penna. any evening you can drive down any road with your window open and hear trap shooting within five miles. One must visit that area of PA to believe the number of trap clubs. In some Counties, you can shoot every evening of the week and not get to every club in the County. I wish Virginia was like that.

Pat Ireland

5. Bob Merkov

Bob Merkov Member

Langhore GC, located in lower Bucks County, is open to the public and shoots Big 50 every Thursday evening.

6. Huntin'Fool

THanks i will check out Bucks Co tomorrow any other places would be great to know when they shoot as well

7. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Oxford Gun Club shoots trap 1st and 3rd Sundays and every Thursday nite. Located at 880 Chrome Rd, Oxford Pa. Skeet, Sporting Clays, Wobble, and 5-Stand also available. Open to the public, practice is $4 a round. Kitchen open during all trap shoots, breakfast, lunch, and dinner(Thur nites).

Rich in Indiana

8. det131

det131 Member

Huntin'Fool You have an e-mail

Jim

9. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

Souderton-Harleysville shoots usually every other Friday too. Sounds like you want to really get into trap. I wish I could shoot four days a week but unfortunately my job keeps me from it. It's a tough job protecting our streets but someone has to do it.

10. pdq

pdq Member

Yes -- many clubs. I live about 20 miles west of Philadelphia, and have 3 clubs with 20 minutes of my house and can shoot essentially every night of the week (except Monday I think), plus weekends. If I expanded my driving time to an hour, the total would rise to 7, maybe 1 or 2 more that I don't know about. Lots of clubs around.

Pete

11. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

Pete, Falls Township shoots Monday nights

12. k80bav

k80bav Member

Saturday Delaware
    County Sportsmen located in Media Pa. We will be shooting 200 registered handicap. Shoot 100 if you wish. We will also be shooting a Registered shoot on Sunday. Program is 100 singles,100 handicap,and 50 pair of doubles.

13. jpinto101

jpinto101 TS Member

Lower Pottsgrove shoots every thursday night open to the public. Located in Sanatoga, PA. do a search on lower pottsgrove sportsmen and you will get it's web site

14. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

above is the ATA website and an alphabetical list of trap clubs in Pa that throw registered targets. you will have to click on them to get the address but there are more than a couple in SE Pa

15. Huntin'Fool

thanks for all the info everyone

16. jwolf@wcgc

jwolf@wcgc TS Member

West Chester Gun Club 200 East Boot Road, West Chester shoots on Tuesday nights(4pm on) and every Sunday of the month (1st & 3rd ATA- 2nd & 4th league and fun- 5th Sunday games). Stop in and see what WCGC is all about.

17. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Jon, Were you sleeping at the wheel? I was wondering how long it would take you to get WCGC's plug in. Hope things have been going well in your neck of the woods.

Rich in Indiana

18. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I've shot at every club mentioned. I'm from S.E. Penna. Good area to live around to get out and trap shoot (skeet also).

By your mention of Branch Valley you are probably close to me.

Lower Providence shoots every Friday night religiously, Rural (Trexler) shoots every Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday religiously also.

I'm a member at Harleysville/Souderton but their schedule is very modified and doesn't shoot per say every other Friday night. Get a schedule or your assumption may turn out to be a wasted trip. I'm not dising them, this is just the facts. Hate to see you waste a trip.

Bucks is probably in your backyard also and has a great schedule that everyweek something is going on.

I like having the opertunity to shoot at so many places. I've met and know alot of great guys through trapshooting Bucks, Chester and Montgomery and Lehigh Counties.

* * Hey pdq, you're talking but, not saying anything. No help to this guy. He might be in your backyard. Give the names of the 4-8 clubs in that greater Philly area you attend. 20-60 minutes travel in suburbia is nothing to drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

branch valley gun club open trap

trap shoots in penna saturday