1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

who shoots release/pull, please?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FLAKETM, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

How does it work for you? I can't handle double release.

2. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

it works great, you don't have to think about setting the second trigger, just release swing to the 2nd bird and pull.

tony

3. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Pull-release is great for someone who shoots a pull trigger and just wants a faster way to spot shoot the first bird.

If you're a release trigger user, good luck trying to shoot that second bird.

5. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

usually if you can walk and chew gum, pulling the second trigger is not a problem....lol

tony

6. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Release/pull here. Too busy to flinch on the second shot. It's a very individual thing.

7. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

Please forgive my ignorance but I have selective barrels. if my release is first for top barrel, what happens if I select bottom barrel to fire first. Is that then, pull???

8. doberman37

doberman37 Member

I used to shoot a release pull but shot the second bird to fast and shot behind it. I went to a double release and my scores went up a lot. took a wile to get used to it but once I did it works great

9. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

yes if you change the selector, the first shot will be pull.

tony

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Release/pull...

11. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I could shoot Pull/Pull or Release/Pull with the same crappy scores because of that 2nd bird. It took me a long time to learn to shoot Double Release. I have to set the trigger for the 2nd shot immediately after the 1st shot before moving the gun. It helped to visualize release - pull then release again in my mind while not actually shooting the gun. I don't dare think about it - just do it.

12. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

Thanks, folks, for all your input. Thinking about having Allem's do a release-pull for me.

13. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

>>>"Please forgive my ignorance but I have selective barrels. if my release is first for top barrel, what happens if I select bottom barrel to fire first. Is that then, pull???"<<<

If you have a release-pull O/U, the release will always be on whatever barrel you had the gunsmith install it on (whether top or bottom barrel). Likewise, the pull trigger will always be on whatever barrel it is set up for....... regardless of which barrel you select to shoot first.

If you select the pull trigger barrel to shoot first, then after shooting the first barrel, you will have to release the trigger for the gun to switch to the second (release) barrel. Then you will have to pull that trigger to set it, then release it to shoot it.

Easystreet

14. phirel

phirel TS Member

For me, a better term for a release/pull trigger would be a release/flinch trigger. I don't thing it is wise to go to a release trigger unless it is needed. And, if it is needed, I would go will all release triggers, not go part of the way.

When I changed to a release trigger for singles and handicap, I did try the release/flinch trigger for doubles. That was not the only mistake I have made during my life, but it clearly was a mistake for me.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.