1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHO SHOOTS /OWNS A BT 100 ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by soup, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soup

soup Member

Folks ,
    I see a lot of shooters with BT 99s & a few BT 99 PLUS , but not many 100s. If you own/shoot one how do you like the high rib vs the BT 99 or PLUS guns with the lower ribs ?
    Thank you in advance for your time & help.
    BILL

2. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I have had them they are great!!!!!!!!!

3. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

I shoot one and love it!!! Great gun!

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Bill, they are a fine shotgun. I would not sell mine. They shoot well and have several features that are only found on much more expensive trapguns. It is not that much different than the 99. Once you have it fitted and adj. you don't now how high the rib is. The main reason you don't see as many of these guns is there are alot less of them than the 99's. I do suggest you try one before you buy. Good Luck and Break-em all. JEff

5. letts

letts TS Member

I have a BT 100 Leo special and I have a BT99 plus. They both shoot good with no problems as of yet. The 100 shoots a little flater than the 99. I have tried to compensate for that, by raising the comb. I am not the best shot in the world of shooting but feel neither gun is holding me back. ADD is more the problem.

Letts

6. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

I have both a BT-99 & BT-100; prefer the BT-100 because of the high rib. Since I'm in my middle 50's (age not score average), the BT-100 is easier to keep my head erect (that's the only thing I keep erect at my age) and track the target. Also easier to see the bird when it leaves the traphouse. My BT-100 is a fixed full choke and breaks targets harder than any other gun that I've shot. I also like the fact that it's ported. The non-adjustable stock fits me to a tee (or tea). The BT-99 is a great gun but if I had to go down to one gun the BT-100 would be my choice. You could probably guessed my preference from my blog name. BT-100dc

7. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

the 100's are great guns, I shot one with a thumbhole stock for a few years, they are flat shooting.

broke a couple 100's with it, and I think there are a few more left in it.

tony

8. tp

tp TS Member

I love mine, as I prefer the higher rib. An added bonus is that it has a drop out trigger. Big bonus, if you shoot a release trigger, is that Allem's makes their roller release for it, but not for the BT99.

9. BMC

BMC Member

Hit, the main reason you don't see as many BT100s is because they were only produced for a few years (6 years I think) compared to the BT99 which has been around for many decades (1968 to current). And the fact that BT99s can generally be had for half the price of a BT100.
    I shoot a BT100 for caps and do enjoy the gun, but I do wish it had an adjustable rib.

10. Nutnbutsmoke

Nutnbutsmoke Member

I bought one a year and a half ago with the thumb hole stock very nice wood and love it, but I just couldn't walk past the new Ceasar Gurini Magnus Trap guns, every time i saw one and when I was out at the grand last year I found a deal on one I couldn't pass up. I still have the 100 but I think when spring gets here I will be putting it up for sale, wife wants me to recoupe some of the money instaed of it setting in the safe I'm sure you know how that works. If your interested send me an email and I will send you some pictures.

11. TechGuy

TechGuy TS Member

Hit:
    Have had one for 7 years or so. Between local leagues and ATA shoots maybe 10-15K rounds through it. Flat shooting as all get out but hits hard. Had a adj. comb installed by Doug Braker. Shot it so much wore the blueing off the reciever and had it Cermatech coated by Glenrock bluing which came out great. Had only shot a BT-99 once so experience limited but as I recall when I was looking to buy a gun,the drop out trigger won me over. Don't think I would give this one up.

Rob

12. ec90t

ec90t Guest

hit,

They made two different models of BT-100's. They made the gloss model, and later on the satin model. The satin model was a bit less money and had fewer features.

Browning made three different rib profiles for the 100's. most of them shoot flat, but some were made with rib profiles that made them shoot in the 70/30 to 80/20 area. You'd have to have them all lined up to see the difference.

I've owned three different 100's over the years, but not any 99's for some reason.

ec90t

13. BMC

BMC Member

Don't forget about the stainless model.

14. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

I have a gloss model, adjustable comb, and Jones adjustable butt plate and a browning case with 3 invector plus tubes and one briley I would trade for a nice 32" XT,

Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bt99 guns unlimited 80-20- high rib