1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who shoots a Ljutic ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Seitz231, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seitz231

Seitz231 Member

Bought my first Ljutic today. Was wondering over the years as well as today, who those Ljutic shooters are and were.

2. clyslr

clyslr Member

I love my Ljutic. I've owned it for 18 years. 172-100s , 8-200s , 2-300s and 1-500s.

Dennis (ClaySlayer)

3. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

NJ , Mono #111 , had it for 12 years and also love it but never got the scores as above .

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I bought my X73 in 1983, used...and It's still my #1 singles and 'caps gun....none better! I very seldom take a back-up gun with me...the thing just don't give up!

5. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

In a single barrel trap gun the BT is the best bargain ever but a Ljutic is the best bargain of the hi end guns. If you can afford a Ljutic new or used the hunt is over. There are many other great guns but a used Ljutic for the money is a life time gun. They are a legion in there own time old Al was a real smart promoter back then giving Dan Orlich number 1 the rest is history.

6. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

I've been fortunate over the years to have owned and competed with pretty muchall the "Hi-end" guns. After screwing aorund with all the rest...I settled on Ljutics, and havn't had another brand for 20 yrs.

7. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

Have had Ljutic Mono #66 for almost 30 years. It got me to the 27 in Alaska, shot my first 100 straight in singles, (but lost the shoot-off to my father, which is a memory I will never forget). Now the ole Ljutic shoots alot better than I but we keep on trying.

8. Jerry Parr

Jerry Parr Member

.....got me...

9. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Bought my Pro-3 LTX a few years ago and have moved my average from B to A. My usual score at 16's was around 92-93 before the Ljutic and now are 98-99's.

Haven't won any great yardage at handicaps, but my scores are up and I am very pleased with my Ljutic. I have won more money with it than any other gun I have used for over 37 years.

So far I have only replaced the hammer spring and that was out of routine instead of necessity. It weighs almost 9 pounds, but feels like a 5 pound 20 ga, because of its' great balance and fit. While I normally shoot light 8's, recoil with 3 dram loads is a lot easier to handle with no sore shoulder the next day.

10. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Zach Nannini is that very nice, poised, young shooter who is all of "Team Ljutic". Veteran Phil Ross wore out his famed Model 12 and now shoots a Ljutic with success when he shoots on occasion. I believe he won Vet handicap at the Calif State Shoot from the 27 this year with that gun.

11. Jerry Parr

Jerry Parr Member

..Zach no longer shoots Ljutics. He now shoots K-80 Trap Special......welcome aboard Zacky!.....Jerry

12. Turtle29728

Turtle29728 TS Member

I bought one on this forum about a month ago and have been very pleased with it.My scores have been going up but still need some improvement. Shot a 25 with it right out of the box.It's got a 100 in it, I just have to find it! hehe BTW--I am from South Carolina.

13. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

I have a very good friend who swears by, not at, the Ljutic guns. He could probably shoot good with a J.C.Higgins, bolt action. However, shooting his Ljutic, he is AAA-16;AA doubles; 27 yards. Enough said?
    Joe Jordan

14. 682LINY

682LINY Member

The first trap gun I ever saw was a Lutic space gun,,,in a 1977-8 guns ilastrated book,,,,wondered what the heck trap was ,,,that you shot it with a gun that looked like that,,,,,well 30 years latter I found out,,,,hope to get a space gun some day

15. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I am surprised Zack switched to a Krieghoff I watched him break his first 100 straight from the 27 at Vernal with his Ljutic. He split a bonus pot of 10,000.00 dollars for 100 straights with 2 other shooters shooters that day and the Calcutta was about 130,000.00 so I guess he could afford a new Krieghoff and a new car to boot. It was a joy to watch his reaction afterwords he was 10 feet off the ground and so excited. Big Leo was one of the first to congratulate him. Poor Leo only broke a 99 that day leaving room for improvement.

16. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Well, after admiring them for 30+ years, I finally, finally, traded up for one.

I shot handicap okay with it, but my 16 yard scores suffered.
    It was one of the new Mono guns with the adjustable rib.

As I wasn't satisfied with it, I traded up again.......(Trapshooters never learn)

I traded it up for a Pro3 Ljutic and I'm loving this gun.

My 16 yard scores are almost back to what they were 3-4 years ago and my handicap scores are a lot higher. (so far averaging about 92-93) and not that far away from getting some yardage. (came in second twice, but only the top shooter got punched) (small shoots)

Like I said, I'm really satisfied with this Ljutic. It's a keeper.

Hauxfan!

17. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

I shoot a Ljutic much better than my only previous trap gun. It is aMono built in 1976. Bought from this forum. I've replaced two springs and a firing pin. Preventive maintenance only. Gun has never failed and I can do the maintenance. Great factory support from Nadine and Jimmy.

Love it and hope to shoot it as well as it shoots someday.

HBT

18. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

Over the years I have owned and shot 9 Ljutics. Seven were Monos, one Super Handicap Special, and one Spacegun. All were great....I just kept suffering from G.A.S. and would trade them on other guns. I have two friends that got Lguns from me almost 15 years ago....they still own and shoot them.

I have been thinking of getting another one to replace a KS-5 that I have.

Jim C

19. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

I'm going back to a Ljutic from a Seitz; nuff said. If the Ljutic works out next week I will be selling a beautiful Seitz. AJ

20. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

My first Ljutic was a Space Gun. Sold it and bought a Mono about 1988 or so. Still shooting it. Replaced one recoil spring. Several hundred thousand rounds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.