1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHO SHOOTS A JACK WEST STOCK ??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by soup, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soup

soup Member

FELLOWS ,
    Does anyone shoot an 1100/1187 trap gun with a Jack West stock ?
    If so how do you like it ? I'm thinking of getting one & an add on rib for my 1187 ( 30" fixed full-step rib -back bored - Spears release ). I was wondering if anyone shoots this combo all the time ? How about for doubles ?
    Thanks for the info.
    BILL

2. ultramag338

ultramag338 Member

Shoot that same thing you want tp build without the release and Ilove it. I don't shoot doubles with it. I would reccomend one for sure. Jack is a stand up guy. Corey

3. jamiebanker

jamiebanker Member

My daughter is 13 and shoots for her Middle School team. I bought a Jack West stock and had a local guy, Grady Jones, add a Jones Adjustable butt plate and pad. It looks great and is highly adjustable. I was able to set it up for her and she can crush targets. Mr. West is a super guy and makes a great stock. Buy it and don't look back.

Jamie

4. perazzi_01

perazzi_01 Member

Its to bad Grady never got a good acting gig after "Sanford and Son". Hows the old guy doing?

5. jamiebanker

jamiebanker Member

It has been a few weeks, but the last time I saw him, he was great. We had a huge tornado through town yesterday that was mighty close to his home. Follow this link to our local paper: http://www.dnj.com/

Grady has been very helpful to me and does great work. I always buy my reloading supplies from him. Glad that we have a local guy that you can count on.

Jamie

6. locdoc

locdoc Member

Could someone please provide me with contact info for Jack West. I have a friend that wants/needs to replace his recoil pad. TIA

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

7. jamiebanker

jamiebanker Member

Jack West can be reached at 541-454-2805.

Jamie

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I've tried an early Jack West stock, and really liked it. I wasn't so keen on the grip on the newer stock. Wish it had been left alone. Even so, is Jack West back in production? His website is down. Anyone bought one recently?

9. jamiebanker

jamiebanker Member

I bought mine in about August last year. He told me that he was not wanting to get too busy running the business. He is a one-man shop and wanted to keep it more of a hobby than a job. He was very helpful and responsive though. Great guy.

Jamie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.