1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who shoots a citori GTI?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TinMan88, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

I need something for sporting clays and I found one of these in the sportshop. Does anyone have some background on this model? It has a broadway rib and lighter colored stock. How bout suggested price? Thanks for the help. The TinMan

2. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

I used my GTI as a field gun and it killed a lot of pheasants. Love the rib and the way it pointed, but is was a heavy gun. Never had any trouble with it. Fred

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I shoot them a bunch...they are great all around guns ...price will depend on the barrel length...if its in 97-98% with a 28" bbl then 1K-1100...30" 1100-1250,...32" 1500-1600...32's are very rare

4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I think the 1st batch of GTI's were invector choked, then came the invector plus chokes. Early ones had red colored GTI on the receiver then changed to gold. I got mine in early 1992 and it's a invector plus gun.

5. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I have a 28" I shoot skeet and sporting clays with it no problems. Shoots to flat for me in trap. CalvinMD is right with the prices. Wayne

6. rocktire

rocktire Member

I had one with the red lettering on it and loved it. Wish I would have never sold it. Did have one problem with it, had to have the latch rebuilt. Could have been done by Browning but the forcing cones had been lengthened and the barrels had been ported so they would not fix it. Had to send it to another place. I bought it from a sporting clays shooter, but all I did was upland and dove hunt with it.

7. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Bought mine for sporting about 10-12 years ago used, mint, for $1m even. Excellent gun for field, clays or skeet.

8. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

If anyone is interested I've got a real nice one for sale on Gunbroker. Item # is 132208381.

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

The 32" GTI is a doubles monster

10. shrek

shrek Active Member

yes they are doubles monsters

and might even be one of the nicest if not the nicest blue collar clays guns browning made

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.