1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who sells Molybdenum disulfide grease for knuckles

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bushmaster1313, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

Where do I get online a little molybdenum disulfide grease to put on an old Ithaca knuckle?

2. Chipmaker

Chipmaker Active Member

you can get moly grease at any auto parts or bearing store for about 3-5 dollars a tube !!!

3. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

Great

Thank you

4. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

If you go to a site that sells R/C cars & Helicopters they sell it. I use to use that grease all the time. Dave T.

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Auto parts store moly grease is around 2-3% moly... just enough for the manufacturer to legally claim it contains moly. May as well use plain grease.

Moly engine lubes are about the same but they're messier than greases.

Buy something made for guns that contains 60% moly solids: <I>NECO Moly Slide</I>... third item down. A thin smear will do it.

Want more lube but with only 30% moly? Big Dog Moly Lubes makes one they call <I>GD-525</I>, listed under "Firearms" products.

MK

6. razor

razor TS Member

go to any ag parts dealership, caseIH or john deere they use/ recomend moly. razor

7. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

When I built my engines I used White Lube on assembly. I use it on my guns also. Ray

8. MACH4RANDY

MACH4RANDY Member

I sell grease and oil for my living and have for 30+ years. If you want straight answers call me, I am not going to sell you anything just give you facts. I am the distributor in Okla for Shell, PetroCanada, Mystik, Valvoline, and my own brand. I know of what I speak. However I am not going to get into a discussion on here with everyone way too many wives tales and the like. ...xx4059907011xx is my cell I am on CDT. Randy

9. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Doesn't Barnes bullets sell some moly lube to put on bullets?

10. TC

TC TS Member

Randy, as a member of this forum, sharing your knowledge and clearing up some of those old wives tales would be the right thing to do. You sound like you have some integrity and experience. Tony

11. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

I agree with Randy not going into anything on this site, unfortunately Randy probably wouldn't be able to just speak about his professional experience without stirring up some strong emotions. Maybe it wouldn't happen on this site.

However if a guy wants to see arguments about oil and grease then just about any diesel site will provide entertainment. It is amazing that someone will type say 3 words: AMSOIL, SHAEFFER, and ROYAL PURPLE.

Those words will stir more useless debate and arguments. It would be the equivalent of starting a thread on here for example: THE ATA SUCKS AND HOW DO WE FIX IT? or THE NRA SUCKS AND IS IN BED WITH THE LIBS lol.... Like religion and politics, 99.9% of people already have their minds made up and those threads are just destructive and create hard feelings.

12. buster45

buster45 Active Member

Randy knows what he is talking about.Good shooter and nice guy.Shoots great guns and takes care of them.

Buster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.