1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who said this?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by recurvyarcher, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Luke 11:21

2. recurvyarcher

I grew up in a Southern Baptist family. Decendant of a preacher. We were in church 6 days a week. And I have read the whole Bible more than once.

I have a copy of the New Testament on my night stand.

3. recurvyarcher

Don't ask me to remember the Cayley-Hamilton theorem from my college books, though. Even if I read it again, I wouldn't be able to remember what it's all about. LOL!

4. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

God fearing men/women are the only people willing to put their life on the line to protect their beleifs and to protect those who don't beleive in what they do!!

Just study our "Founders"

Christ was not as passive as some want to think. He overturned the money changers twice, He allowed weapons carried by his follower's, how else was the slave of the high priest ear cut off!

There are warning though, if you want to live this way.

5. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Not to take anything away from recurvy (she is one of my heros) but a Google search of a part of the quote finds the answer in about 2 seconds.

6. recurvyarcher

“if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.”

He told this to his disciples at the last supper. It's in Luke chapter 10 somewhere, but I'm not sure which verse (I am not home...I can't find a Bible here at the moment, or I would look it up quickly).

7. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Luke 22-36. I also have done quite a bit of reading in both the old and new testaments. It did take a bit to look it up though.

Jim

8. recurvyarcher

I believe that a really excellent attorney might be able to argue a case based on these passages, so I agree with you. BUT, even our religious leaders have had strong disagreements regarding whether or not these particular scriptures are metaphorical or literal. The reason that these passages have stuck in my head is because in the past I have read arguments from both sides. I am still confused as to the answer to that debate.

The opposing attorney will surely bring up parables and metaphors.

9. recurvyarcher

I would like to see it argued in court. It would be a nice challenge for some hotshot attorney. If s/he won, s/he would be forever famous. Unfortunately, I don't have the $$ to initiate that kind of a lawsuit.

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Maybe one of the newest Supreme Court Justices will argue for it......

Yeah, right.....

11. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I'd like to see William Jennings Bryan vs. Clarence Darrow for this one.

Wayne

12. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

BigM is so right on this one.

13. Drew Hause

Drew Hause Well-Known Member

Link above might help.
    Have a blessed Lord's day.

And for extra credit who said "Put your trust in God; but mind to keep your powder dry!" :)

Rev. Drew Hause M.D.

14. recurvyarcher

Thank you for that post. It cleared up some long-standing questions that I had in my mind about these particular passages.

15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    <i>"So, the 2nd Amendment is guarding the Freedom of Christians to practice their faith as well as the overall Right to Keep and Bear Arms."</i>

The Second Amendment ultimately guards the entire Bill of Rights and the Constitution. Without it, they're just meaningless paper. It is the reset switch in case tyranny usurps these documents.

So yes, the Second Amendment protects the First Amendment rights of free speech, a free press, freedom to assemble, and freedom of religion.

16. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

On my tee shirt - " If I knew I was going to live this long , I would have taken better care of myself " ??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.