1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who pays for mistakes?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mixer, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

How long have you waited for the freight payment?

Eric

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

It seems to me return freight is almost always the buyers problem. At least when your buying over the INTERNET. May not be right, but that is usually the way it is if you want your money back. At least in my experience. Unless of course, return costs are agreeded to up front.

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

If it was advertised incorrectly....It's on the seller.

Wayne

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I would split it and take the loss, it can't be so much that its worth worrying about ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. Pre-64

Pre-64 Banned User Banned

The seller is responsible for all costs and their TS name noted for as a warning to other potential buyers.

6. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I would have told him to send me back my check, if he still had it, along with a little extra for the shipping. Then again if it was a good deal, and could sell the stock, and come out better, I would have done that.

7. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

In this case, seller. Plain n simple, misrepresentation of goods. However, principals are harder to find than they once where!

8. 1100 REMINGTON MAN

1100 REMINGTON MAN Active Member

On the Seller. If he does not pay, let us know who, so we don't have to do Business with Him. I am with Pre-64. A Mans word is all one has, we will see His.

9. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I am reluctant about the posting of the names of sellers, without hearing both sides of the story. That is if they are truthful, of course. See if there is a resolution first.

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Mia is about as fair as fair can get, if you got a problem with him you really got a problem ... Jack is a man of the highest Honor ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

If it had been me, I would have paid the return shipping, without contest. It was obviously an honest mistake and the supplier/shipper sent the stock promptly, and refunded your money by tearing up the check. He was already out the shipping cost on his end and, in my view shouldn't be expected to take the loss both ways. I've always subscribed to "you pay on your end & I'll pay on my end" unless we agree to different arrangements. Sometimes a small outlay buys a lot of good will. ;-)

best....mike

12. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Relax Jack. Us in the know, know you to be fair and just. That's all that matters. That and whether you have enough Cab to get you thru the night. LOL

Rick in MT

13. Pre-64

Pre-64 Banned User Banned

I don't believe crunch had even mentioned your name (you did that yourself and his )...he just asked a question about a poorly handled transaction.... and you went off on him? Are you gonna do the right thing by him or not?

14. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

nothing worst than a hair splitter. Pre, this case is closed for the particiapnts. let it go, please

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.