1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who paints stocks?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by okiefarmer, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. okiefarmer

okiefarmer Member

I have a favorite rifle with an ugly black composite stock. I have seen several shotgun stocks painted at the various shoots. Can anyone give me someone who I might contact. Thanks, Ron Bliss

2. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Also, Mike Ricklefs in Iowa is pretty good. You can visit his website here. Josh

3. 682LINY

682LINY Member

you might try S&G Graphics 570-686-1163 or 845-551-7124,,,saw his work at the middletown NY gunshow 3 wks ago,,,,nice work www.gcentamore.com

4. Bridger

Bridger Member

I had Mike Ricklefs paint a stock for a Beretta last fall. Beautiful work, reasonable price and quick turnaround.

5. tp

tp TS Member

Mike Ricklefs did a Kolar stock and forearm for me. It was exceptional work. Would definitely use him again.

6. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I had a composite stock painted by a local bodyman. He had a little paint of the color I liked left from a car job and didn't charge me for the paint. Sanded, shot and baked for $35. Good Luck

7. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Leo got a bargain. I couldn't buy all the stuff and do it myself any cheaper.
    I recommend a clear coat over the color coat for protection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.