1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHO packs the pork?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by hunter44, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Is there any way that a citizen can find out WHO added the pork to an invididual bill? Don't bother with the right - left bullshit, I want to find out the names of the individuals who push the pork!

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Which bill?

Do you hae an S or HR number and title?

3. jbailey

jbailey Active Member

http://www.appropriations.senate.gov/news.cfm?method=news.view&id=fa7aebb6-62d5-49fc-8e78-6ad7f69261d5

The above link spells out the $60 billion bill for Sandy Relief. Everybody but Sandy victims gets the money which is passed out by the government. Some of the items:

$15 million to NASA.
    $100 million to Head Start.
    $88.3 million to Dept. of Defense
    $5.35 billion to Corps. of Engineers
    $21.8 billion to Homeland Security
    $818 million to EPA
    $800 million to Dept. of Health and Human Services
    $17 billion to Housing and Urban Development ( some earmarked for future risk ?)
    $259.8 million for Military Construction and Veterans Affair

I think most of these earmarks were put in by the Obama administration but you would have to do a lot of research to nail this down and I'll bet most of this money will just disappear into thin air.

4. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

I see the Army got $1.31M for "Procurement of Ammunition". What happened? Did they try to turn the storm with bullets? Maybe that's why 5.56 is thru the roof.

K

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Outside of Politics thats easy ..Rosie O Donnell...an you know what they say..you are what you eat...and boy she must have packed on a bunch!

6. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Earmarks, pork, and unrelated additions to bills are the bane of our political system, and will eventually bring the country to its knees - if it hasn't already!

Kiv

7. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Donny Baker?

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

And if you really need a favor, have this guy stop by your place for a photo-op.

Bob Falfa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.