1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

who offers low interest rates on new/used guns?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grntitan, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I would say most dealers that offer financing go thru seperate outside lenders. I would seek financing on his own and get the best rate possible then he can get the gun anywhere he chooses.

2. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

If he has to finance it, he can't afford it. People will never learn.

3. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

10-4 I'm sure there won't be any tarp $$ for K & P guns. LOL

4. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Suggestion for your friend. Purchase the best quality gun that he can afford to purchase with cash. If it's a Remington 870, so be it. A personal friend of mine sells high grade shotguns. One day I asked him if most of his customers pay cash? I was surprised to learn that he said many finance these guns. I can understand financing a home, maybe even a vehicle, but a gun, no. Just think, he finances a gun, than learns he can't shoot it. He most likely will take a big loss, with interest. It's his money, he will do what he wants, but I am speaking with 40 hours of shooting, and 40 years of banking experience behind me.
    Steve Balistreri

5. Kyle Spieles

Kyle Spieles Member

Jaquas offers special financing. If it is paid in full in 90 days, it is interest free. Tell your friend to look into that.

6. Hinkton

Hinkton TS Member

Dupont-KGuns in Florida offers one point nine persent three year finance with twenty persent down. These are used guns that have been gone over by in house gun smiths.I have bought two guns there, an was very happy with Dupont.Hank

7. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

DuPont also sells Kolar. Excellent company. www.halkguns.com Dave T.

8. snkypete

snkypete Member

abridgetoofar nailed it!

9. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

No need to finance---There are many great,cheap shooters out there---A friend of mine bought a BT 99 used for $500.00---He just broke 99---missed the last bird---There are many 1100s out there also---You won't find many new ones much better---I have a mod 12(y) that smokes em for $650.00 + shipping
    I shoot K guns and I'll tell you my old superposed,mod12,and 1100s shoot great.

Don't finance---work your way up---JMT--SJB---

10. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

I've done two through Jaqua's and paid them off in 90 days and it was a nice way to go if you know you're gonna have the money soon. If you don't get it paid in 90 it goes to like 20% so you might just be better off putting it on a low-rate credit card.

11. Lyle

Lyle Member

I don't think financing a gun is a wise choice, however, many think nothing of financing a 40k dollar truck to have it only be worth a quarter of that after 5 years or so. My guess is that a high dollar K or P gun would not depreciate 75%.

Lyle

12. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

Buy the best you can afford with CASH. If you can't afford it you do not need it. I looked for a used high end gun that I could afford, and still enjoy the shooting that goes with it.

13. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I have a nice older BT-99 with plenty of life in it yet for $800 delivered to your FFL holder. Bulge.

14. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I don't want to look like a smug person,but in all seriousness interest keeps poor people poor & rich people richer. Honestly, gun cost is the cheapest factor in competitive trapshooting. If you have to finance a hobby---don't do it!!! When my wife & I lived on a cruising motor yacht for six years,people always asked us what did fuel cost & I said fuel was the cheapest aspect of the equation.

Family first, friends second, money third---toys way last (if you are on a budget) I'm not one to talk, never had a budget in my life-been too successful or lucky !!!

Phil Berkowitz

15. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

People buy 4-wheelers, motorcycles, boats and all kinds of other high dollar toys on credit daily and nobody bats an eye. If its what you want, i would see no difference in financing a gun than all the other toys. Just be sensable and smart when doing so. If its something you can pay back in a resonable amount of time i see no issue. If its omething thats gone make you and yours struggle weekly, forget it.---Matt

16. JIM SIMS

JIM SIMS Member

PACIFIC SPORTING ARMS
    SO. CAL
    They sell lots of high end guns and finance too
    JIM

17. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

I put an $11000.00 K-80 on a very low interest rate Visa at the Grand. Sure glad I didn't ask some of you if it was OK to do that. My grandfather always said if you can't pay cash you can't afford it....that was like 50 years ago and he died owning nothing. The guy asked who finances gun purchases, and he's basically told if your too poor to pay cash you need to shoot a second hand 870 express. If you can afford the payments and it's something you want, buy it.GaryL.

18. Mike562

Mike562 TS Member

With halkguns you can also test drive the gun you are interested in purchasing. I think you just have to get pre qualified and pay a nominal fee and they will ship you out a gun to try. Also if you can finance a gun with them at 1.9% for 3 years why would anyone pay cash for it?

19. Shotgun Specialties

Shotgun Specialties Active Member

EB, Shotgun Specialties, we have 12 month zero interest, same as cash. 24 and 36 month at 11.9%. This is on new and used for qualified apps. I'm at the Mo Fall Hdcp vending. cell signal is weak, my email is ajw@brecnet.com or next week, 1-800-344-7468
    Thanks, Doug

20. rhett1977

rhett1977 Member

So everyone that owns a K gun that costs $20,000+ paid cash for it? Some people on here are so full of sh*t. If he wants to finance a gun, that's his choice. He didn't ask for your opinions on financing. I think it's stupid to finance a used car that costs less than $3 or $4,000. Some people are trying to build their credit. But if you can get 1.9% financing, what the h*ll is wrong with that??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Rhett

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.