1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who offers highest rib/comb?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 20yard, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 20yard

20yard TS Member

I'm shooting an SKB unsingle but would like to get my head even more vertical, what gun provides the highest rib and comb?

2. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

The 2008 Perazzi only comes in the O/U configuration. Roy The 2005 has a nice high rib on both single and O/U.

3. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Lots of options. The Perazzi MX2005 is available as a combo or unsingle. Extremely high rib. The Krieghoff Trap Specials are high, and so are the Kolar TA Max's. All feature a high rib and comb to keep your head erect. Also, Dennis DeVault (Devault Industries) makes an Infinity Ultra. The Infinity is a single barrel trap gun only (no combo). They feature a high adjustable rib, and Dennis will custom fit you to the gun. His stockwork and gunfitting capabilities are Awesome! There alot of options out there, with the new high ribs being the craze.

Matt - Woodson Ent.

4. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

For a little less money, you can purchase an add-on rib and extended posts for the comb of the gun that you now have.

Steve

5. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

If you could find one. The early MX10RS Perazzi's had a higher rib than the MX2000 and the MX2000RS along with the MX15. You might call Ray Stafford, he could help you with a nice used one. They do not make that high rib on the MX10 RS any longer. The rib height is the same on the MX10RS and the MX2000RS. Hope this helps, Roy

6. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Look at the Guerinis...quite high ribs. Have you shot a gun with a very high rib? Takes some getting used to as visually, there is quite an erector set on the bbl which is very distracting to some.

WNCRob

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Balsa wood first. Decide what height you like. Then go to Keen add-on-ribs. Have one made to match the balsa wood. If you like it, send the gun to Moneymaker and have them make a rib that matches yours, except have it made adjustable. Then you can get any height you want.

8. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

20yard as stated above MX2005 is one of the highest this a photo of the MX2005
    hope this is some help

Bob Lawless

[​IMG]

9. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Well I put a add-on rib on my Silver Seitz . 1/4 inch in back less in front it works fine . I got the rib from Keen-Sight and am happy with it . Today is the first time shooting with the new rib and it does what I hope,t it would do . For the cost it is an easy fix .

ALF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.