1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who Mines shot?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BTC, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTC

BTC TS Member

Looking for a company that mines shot in the PNW. Anyone know someone? If so mail me

2. BTC

BTC TS Member

Help!!!

3. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

btc- Check your state's EPA website. Ohio's EPA website has a fair amount of lead reclaimer info including those who do various range reclaimations. I'm looking for someone in Ohio to do our fields as we speak.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

4. gotbass

gotbass Member

Northwest Shot in Medford, well Phoenix actually, don't have the number here at home, if no one puts it up I will tomorrow. Mike

5. russp72

russp72 TS Member

Northwest Shot Manufacturing

1526 Camp Baker Rd.

Phoenix, OR 97535

Larry Stockman---541-535-3404

6. scott k

scott k TS Member

lead us reclaim, llc
    home 715-286-2130
    cell 715-533-2480
    gary frase

there in wi

later scott

7. DblAdb

DblAdb TS Member

We will be mining next spring and summer. Our blower/sifter system and skid steer are suitable for uneven terrain. Small clubs are no problem. Southwest only.
    McNeeley Ent.
    520 820-4910

8. DblAdb

DblAdb TS Member

Gun clubs interested in EPA compliency should read "Best Management Practices for Lead at Outdoor Ranges" www.epa.gov Soil ph, immobilizing lead, controlling runoff and reclaiming lead are discussed. The EPA considers lead a scrap metal under most conditions.

9. BTC

BTC TS Member

I've had a couple of e-mails, but nothing firm. Do these companys share the lead or profit with the club?

10. blazer49

blazer49 TS Member

Come on BTC... You gotta work a deal with the miner. Anything we could tell you here would apply to only the deal that we had or "heard" of. every place is different, each range is richer in lead, and each miner is busier at one time or other. work a deal e oh, then tell us how you did.

11. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

The guy who did ours four years ago, and will probably do it again next year, is Duane Vokenand out of the Kalispell MT area. I think his number is (406) 293-5342. I have not talked to him directly (our Club President Randy Adams has). I think the deal is that Duane gets 60%, the club gets 40% of the mined shot. You can either sell your share as scrap or reclaimed shot, or pay the freight to get it trucked to Medford. Larry Stockman told me a few weeks ago that they will trade an equivalent weight of new bagged shot in exchange for our recovered shot for about $7.50 per bag. Then we must pay freight to get that back to us. I think we are looking at an end cost somewhere around $10 a bag for new shot, which is pretty attractive considering the $40/$50 per bag I've been seeing here lately, particularly when our share should be upwards of 25 tons.

12. BTC

BTC TS Member

Hey Poky, Thanks for the info. Our club is in Burley. Does it matter how many rounds have been shot? We can document targets shot for only the last 2 or 3 years. Before that we bought targets all over the place. Mail me if you get a chance. brs2@pmt.org

13. BTC

BTC TS Member

14. BTC

BTC TS Member

Still looking for some help. I can't seem to find anyone to come to Idaho? Any more suggestions?

15. motrap

motrap Member

Check with Lynn Gipson at KCTA in Smithville, MO. He's got an ad on this site.

I now he did his own range and another club (Bosco's Gun Club in Lancaster, MO) just recently ...... he may be available now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.