1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who Mfgrs a Wad Height Similar to Rem SP-12

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Clay Buster and Down Range do not make a wad taller than Red AA and Shorter than Their Yellow AA. The original Winchester AA yellow wad was shorter than the newer wads, They loaded bulky powder 1 1/8th ounce shot with correct volumetric capacities, the Claybuster and Downrange yellow wads PUKE shot.

I load 800-x powder for softest recoil.

I just loaded the last of my remington SP-12s

How many of you shooters would buy a wad similiar to SP-12, I talked to Allen Hensley at Claybuster, and Darrell at Downrange and they said there is not enough demand for them.

Is there another wad Mfgr out there that makes a shorter wad than Yellow AA-12?

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. Dr.Longshot

3. Dr.Longshot

I called Clay Buster talked to Allen Hendsley, and Down Range and talked to Darrell, both said that they thought there is not enough demand for the shorter wad.

I suggested they take the AA wad they make and make a wad with shorter legs like the ORIGINAL AA YELLOW wad, I feel there is a market for this wad as with the bulky powders for 1 1/8th oz loads it works great.

How many would support and buy the wad similar in height to the Rem SP-12 ?

The RED AA is too short, The Yellow AA as made now is too tall.

The Federal 12S-4 works ok but copy not made by Down Range or Claybuster.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

4. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

As I only use 500-1000 SP-12's per year in 1 1/40z games loads, I don't mind paying extra so long as I can get them. It's a good wad, a money maker.

I have used the Federal 12S4's and the yellow AA wads but I like the SP12's (and Herco) best.

Ed Ward

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I just wrote Downrange looking for their suggestion for a wad that is as you describe. No answer. Now I know why.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

reming sp12 was too short with herco

shorter wad than cb5050-410-hs