1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHO MAKES XT EXTENDED CHOKES

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mahrbeezer, Mar 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mahrbeezer

mahrbeezer TS Member

Im looking for extended chokes for my browning xt trap gun. Who makes them and how much do they cost.

2. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

Many companies make them...Trulock, Ballistics Specialties, Briley, Carlson, Rhino etc. The costs vary from $25 (Trulock through Midway USA) to $75 or more. Look for Browning Invector Plus chokes. Just make sure the barrel will fit in your case with the chokes installed.

Morgan

3. mercedesman1981

mercedesman1981 TS Member

I understand Browning's Midas grade Inv+ is made by Briley, so you may want to compare prices. Wrights looked pretty nice too but I don't know if they pattern any better than Briley's which is the name of the game here. I'm considering sending my XT to either Briley or Wilkinson to make it shoot straight as it still is 4" to the left at 38yds.

Mike

4. baflstang

baflstang Member

I use Briley (available from Bass-Pro Shops) and I am completely satisfied.
    Bill

5. rrose

rrose TS Member

Comp N Choke chokes are great. about 50-60 each but worth it.

6. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

Ballistics Specialties (Angle Port) may still be running their special... $25 each/$100 for any 5. I really like them.

Morgan

7. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

I have Midas grade invector plus chokes in mine and I think if I'm not mistaken that they are actually made by Briley with the Browning name on them . Browning also makes a titanium choke tube for about $100.00 if you want to spend that much. I'm happy with mine they shoot exactly where I point them .

8. obfd13

obfd13 Member

www.wrightsgunsmiths.com has them

9. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

They have what you want. If not give them the restriction you want and it be made to your order.

Basically two styles this is one with holes and they make a fast-port with slots.

The price keeps rising though. @$51 bucks now and the first one I had made was $35.00.

Come in Blue or bright finish and are cryogenic treated.

Rock

Jim

10. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The only good reason to have extended chokes is if you need to change chokes frequently, as you might do in sporting clays. If you really don't need them, I would suggest that you not get them. Extended chokes tend to loosen and you will find yourself having to tighten them frequently while you're shooting. I had a set of extended chokes for my XT, but I shot sporting clays with that gun as well as trap. Even for sporting clays many of the top shooters shoot one choke - usually modified of tighter, and almost never change their choke.
    Save your money for shells. You'll need it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.