1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who makes the Shooting Glasses?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RRA, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RRA

RRA TS Member

At a shoot last week I saw a man wearing what appeared to be shooting glasses with four lenses, two right behind the others. It appeared that the outer lenses were colored and the inner lenses were prescription lenses. Has anybody seen glasses like that and have you used them?

I have to use correctional lens and was wondering if this would be a good option. That way I would only have to have one set of prescription lenses and I could match them up with whatever additional color lenses I wanted.

RRA

2. brucestorey

brucestorey Member

HiDefSpex (www.hdspex.com.) -- Recently changed its name to Pilla (www.pillasport.com)

Bruce

3. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I have the same, Got them from Morgan. Good folks to work with and I like the idea of only one set of lenses to update when its time. Jake

4. macttom

macttom Member

Have been using Decot, shooting glasses for over 20 years. As a matter of fact, I am still wearing the same frames I first purchased and, would still be using the same lenses but, old age has set in.

I now have two colors of corrective lenses and love them.

Victor, at Decot, in Phoenix has been a real pleasure to work with.

Good luck, Tom McElroy, Fort Worth, Texas

5. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

These are the Rx Sporter glasses Pat and Jake are referring to. I like them a lot.

The easily adjustable nose piece makes them also suitable for everyday use.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

MTA Tom, thats the ones, they are fantastic. I had a pair of the clip ons break, sent them back and they were replaced at no cost to me. Jake

7. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Just a note...

I tried the Sporter + clipons from Morgan despite Wayne's caution that they might be too heavy with my prescription. They were! Even with Trivex lenses I couldn't keep them on my nose. I switched to the regular colored lens Sporter and have no more trouble. Of course, I'm limited to one color lens unless I want to buy a separate pair of glasses for each color I used. I may eventually buy a second pair in a another color but I'm happier with the light weight glasses than I was with the heavy ones and the option of other colors.

MK

8. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

How does Morgan measure your eye placement of the prescription? Do I need to go there or are they at major shoots?

9. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Your eye doctor can do that. Once he hands you your prescription with all your info on it, all you do is fax or e mail it to Morgan and poof, your good to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.