1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who Makes The Nice Blinders?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by markdenis, Feb 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

With a little effort, you can make your own out of powder bottles. Most powder bottles now are made out of black plastic and will last forever.

2. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

I don't have his ph.# or e-mail address, but Dennis Cates makes them, 32145 Success Valley Drive, Porterville, CA 93257.......try....." Dennis Cates' Trap Shooting Blinders" ? ..............Rob

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

I have 300 pair, each in a nice plastic zip lock bag that I will be giving away at the Southern Grand. They are plastic and have the name of a fine powder manufacturing company on the outside. Look for the pile of blinders at the classification desk, on the tables and in the windows. They will be near some excellent reloading guides. I will give you a reloading guide and a couple sets of blinders free, plus 6% sales tax.

Pat Ireland

4. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

I've seen people who made these out of a plastic milk carton (the clear milk carton will work just fine); trace a cardboard blinder (right & left) onto the milk carton, cut it out, use a hole punch and presto, you have nice blinders.
    These work well and can't beat the cost. Darrell

5. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Della McClure from Decot has some nice ones made out of leather so your glasses don't fog up on a hot day.

6. eperry

eperry Member

go to ebay and type in trapshooting blinders. Dennis Cates also has a web site.

7. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

I use Della's leather blinders and they are the best I have found. Tried them all. 602-955-7151 or 800-528-1901. She willproably be at the Spring Grand also.

8. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

There's a guy who sells the fabric blinder's on ebay. Do some searches.

9. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I use Della's leather blinder and I like the flexibility over plastic. I don't know if Della is retired yet ( she's a bit like Bret Favre ) but she was out of them the last I knew.

I have some leather from furniture store's samples and have been making some just to have something to do. I've seen some guys that use extra wide ones and am making some of those.

10. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Dennis made all us Central Zone Womens Team members blinders last year and they are great....he can do them in all colors give him a try....

11. happy

happy Member

I sell the best blinders. Velcro blinders that are able to be positioned anywhere and anytime that is needed. In between shots while on the line without taking off your glasses. Ever have sunlight reflect off the inside of your lenses. You need help fast to fix this problem. My blinders are attached to your frame with velcro and can be repositioned anywhere that is needed. These also are far enough from the side of your face to let air circulate and stop fogging of lennses. Email me or call 815-942-2788 For orders. $24.95 shipping included. I am now the owner of all velcro blinders. Any vendor that would like to sell these this summer please contact me, Norm Gilmoure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

dennis cates trap shooting blinders

extra long trapshooters blinders