1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who makes the best M12 release?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by michmoe, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

I just bought a Model 12 with a release trigger.The dealer said he thought it has a Spears release in it.The release is so fast as soon as you start to relax your finger the gun fires.I need a slower release and don't know who to go to,any suggestion's? I'm not sure if I should just contact Spears or if there is someone better to go to? Thanks in advance...Moe

2. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Use Phillip Or Stu Wright (Wright's gunsmithing) joe90t

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Phillip can slow that trigger down for you ... Spears is one of the best out there ... Spears also made a convertable trigger that was pull and release by setting the safety button one notch or two and that would change it from one to the other ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

I would have Phillip install one of his release/pull triggers in it, That way with the push of the safety button you have both. He did mine about a year ago for $250.00.

5. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

Thanks, Looks like I'll be contacting Phillip's

6. trapace

trapace Member

Can you give me the website for Phillips, I am very interested in that combo trigger for M12

Thanks
    Bob

7. Tom@eel

Tom@eel Member

I had Wright's do mine. Very pleased with it. $275, 2-week turnaround. Stu say's its a Herb Orr (sp) design he's been using for 40 years. If you go with the selectable pull/release safety design, I've herd that the release set (usually around 5 lb) will be your pull break weight. Might want to ask about that. A five pound pull could develop into a big flinch. Tom Stephens

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.