1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHO MAKES THE BEST ALUMINUM GUN CASE?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Johnny, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

best is subjective, but I would say Doub Hubbard.

2. rwtii

rwtii Member

Rhino travel case.
    Indestructible.

3. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

I think Americase is as good as it gets.

4. Rodney1966

Rodney1966 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Duane,

Jack (MIA) sells the Negrini cases on this site. I just bought one for my MX3 last week. It is not the aluminum case, but is the same case as Perazzi uses and they just put there name on it. Great case, if your heading over to TSSC this week let me know I will bring it over to show you.

Rodney1966

5. dgh

dgh Well-Known Member

AMERICASE,

They are heavy.. But protect what you put inside...

6. Gregg535

Gregg535 Member

I have a couple of Americases and also a Mach 1 made by Doug Hubbard. I don't know which one is the stonger case, but I do know which one has the strongest latches. I ordered the Mach 1 case with his heavy duty latches and I don't think that it is going to accidentally open by itself.

7. parrothead

parrothead Member

My vote is for Doug Hubbard, and you can bet on service after the sale!

8. Animal

Animal Member

I have an Americase and a Cabela's bullet proof case. I don't know if the Cabela's case is any better than the rest of the top of the line cases, but I know that it is every bit as good as they are. Outstanding case for the money and locks your gun in tight as can be. The Bullet Proof case is made in the USA and substantially cheaper. Catch the Cabela's sale and wait for the free or $5.00 shipping and you can't go wrong. They are just as sturdy as the Americase but weigh less. Excellent welding and craftsmanship. They come in different configurations, the bellow link is just one example. Cut and paste the link to your web browsers search field if it don't open up.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting/Gun-Storage/Gun-Cases%7C/pc/104792580/c/104730480/sc/104368680/Cabelas-34Bullet-Proof34-Two-Takedown-Shotgun-Case/741556.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fshooting-gun-storage-gun-cases%2F_%2FN-1100211%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104368680%3FWTz_l%3DSBC%253BMM%253Bcat104730480&WTz_l=SBC%3BMM%3Bcat104730480%3Bcat104368680

9. Perazzi_MX8

Perazzi_MX8 Well-Known Member

I want to fly to a few shoots and not have to worry. Lots of shooters fly to shoots and I'm looking for their advice. I'm looking for something that separates everything with compartments. I'd like it to hold 2 receivers and 3 barrels up to 34".

10. Shawn

Shawn Member

I have an americase and still use it to fly. It has a crack in the side where it took a hit. The side are not metal. I have seen at least 5 more with similar damage locally.

Also have a Kalispell case and it is welded aluminum and have't had any issues with it.

I would not by another americase, I would purchase a Kalispell again.

JMHO YMMV

Shawn

11. old tex

old tex TS Member

Doug Hubbart makes a great case and is even better to deal with!!!

(yea I have 3 Americases + a few others)

12. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Don't forget the Pelican cases. They aren't aluminum but they are sturdy and you can cut the foam to fit your gun(s).

Gene in Illinois

13. Perazzi_MX8

Thanks, for all of the suggestions and advice........Duane

14. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

this is exactly what you want

http://www.ziegeleng.com/

15. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Animal beat me to it. Cabel's Bullet Proof is a great case. I have one and its the only case I will ship a gun with. I will even send the case for when I'm buying a gun. That is how much I trust the case and like the case.

I think it was Guns and Ammo who did a test on 8 or 10 gun cases. They did what shipper and Airline's could do to your case. They dropped them, threw them, most they ran over with a shipping truck. The Cabela's Bullet Proof case came to one of the top cases in the test. Others did OK and some just didn't do a thing for the gun.

I have the double rifle case and in time I will get the break open 2 shotgun case.

Just remember you get what you pay for. Second whats your gun worth? Mine gun? Alot and its worth the best I can buy.

16. Perazzi_MX8

Thanks for the info semperfi909 and I believe you nailed it.

17. Cazadore

Cazadore Member

Our son and d-n-l fly all over the world with their competition guns and have for years. Best flight case is the Pelican, Storm or Browning Travel Vault bar none. Tough, and water proof. Just not as spiffy inside as the custom cases like Americase and Hubbard's. All depends on your goals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
aluminum gun travel vault
aluminum shotgun case

best aluminum rifle case

best aluminum shotgun case
bullet proof aluminum gun case
welded aluminum gun case
welded aluminum rifle case
who makes cabelas aluminum gun cases