1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who makes the best adjustible recoil pad hardware

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dale58, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

I have a beretta 682 gold e. i would like to have an adjustible recoil pad installed on it. the graco looks good, but i'm looking for opinions. stock would need to be cut about 3/4 in. to have 14.500 in lop. any suggestions and some pics would be greatly appreciated. thanks Dale

2. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

Looks like you may have to cut the stock some! Try Jones Pad Adjusters. They are 1/4' while Gracoil is 3/8' = you save 1/8". Check your recoil pad, if it's 1" use a new, good quality 3/4' = you save 1/4". Total of 3/8" less off the wood. Then recheck your LOP, make sure you are measuring correctly, might help. Jeff

3. 3357

3357 Member

Todd Nelson aka The Country Gentleman makes a very nice one.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I had good luck with the 100 Straight Adjuster. It is adjustable thru the pad and comes with a "T" handled allen wrench to do it. It also has a friction pad between the two pieces to hold your adjustment solid.

5. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Tron makes his own, and they are very nice. Just PM him here. Dropped my gun off there on Monday and picked it up on my way back thyru on Friday. New adj. comb and adj. recoil pad. Bill

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Trons contact above^^

7. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

I like the Jones myself, it's slim and stays put. But you gotta take off the pad to adjust it. There are other brands that can be adjusted without taking off the pad. Others can suggest some.

8. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

The folks at Graco have been wonderful to me and I have been very pleased with their work. Jack

9. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

100 straight is an excellent value; maybe even best for the money. I use it on my 682.

Doc

10. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Problem with 100 straight is that to move the pad side-to-side more than about 1/16" the pad needs to be removed or a long horizontal hole cut in it for the allen wrench to fit into; a single 1/4" hole won't work.

The big locking screw under the pad is stationary; the screw can be tightened or loosened only when the hole in the pad is directly over the hex in the screw. That limits the pad to almost no side-to-side movement.

MK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.