1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

who makes the best adjustable butt plate

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by romie, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romie

romie Active Member

also can I put it on.I have seen the Jones they or he wants $175 installed. shouldn't I be able to but it on? TM 1 and a beretta 390.Probably I can find one already on a 390 if I look hard enough for the $175.
    monty

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

It,s a bit of a job to get them on right . Very hard to grind or sand . I would,t put one on your gun for $175.00 but I did put one on mine .

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Monty, I had one installed on my BT-100 and I am glad I did. If you don't have the angle guide and a vertical type belt sander do not try to install one yourself. Pay a good smith to install one for you. It is harder than it looks, and after its ground down it then has to be polished to a nice shiny finish. I would try a local man if you can find one and try to save on shipping, or a vendor at one of your big shoots at your local club when they come though. You can have them grind only the part that screws to your stock and leave the the back one full size so you can just bolt on a Kick-ezz without haveing to grind that as well. I have the 2 screw type Jones adj. butt plate and after 2 years it has not slipped once and is holding up great. I do recomend one to anyone out there. I know of a few shooters who had problems with the one screw type pad moving on them after a year or two. Good Luck with your adj. Butt Plate, its worth the investment. Break-em all. Jeff

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Banned Supporting Vendor

Romie, every gun is different, even between the same model. I could grind one for a 391 to fit, and it wouldn't fit perfectly (may be close) to another 391. Depending on which kit is used (some are as thick as 1/2" plus), that much would have to be cut from the stock, or added to the length of pull. Beretta auto stocks are a bit sloppy looking if you just bolt a kit on (they are beveled somewhat at the end and don't fit the plate flat).

A hanging jig is a must to get the correct toe and heal angle. SURE, you could do it yourself....just be careful, let me know if you need a hand.

Tron

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Tron, that's an excellent job you did there guy!! Maybe you should take your talent on the road too? Besides, there's good fishin holes down the road! Hap

6. Tron

Thanks Hap, but the Gypsie life style isn't for me (that's a joke). The local Sporting shooters, and some of the Trap crowd keep me plenty busy. Kind of a hobby that morphed into a business over the years. It's just like with the car biz...when my first car broke down, I didn't really have any money to fix it, so I had to figure it out myself....then, a buddies car broke down and his brothers...then the next thing you knew, I was in the car repair business! LOL. Funny how it works I guess.

Tron

7. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Tron, Generally the top of the pad is rounded for sporting clays, why do you have it rounded at the bottom and the top of the pad sticking out? Won't this catch on your shirt? I must be missing something. Glenn

8. Tron

Glen, the guy who owns that gun is a local Master class shooter. That's the type of pad that he likes...yeah, I know what you mean, but that's what he wants.

Tron

9. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

I like the Jones adjuster. They are not very thick and that makes them easy to shape.

10. trapman69

trapman69 Member

Normally I just read but this one is killing me. Pay a guy $100 in labor to put a butt pad on give me a break. Mine may not be the worlds best but nobody's ever looked at one of mine and laughed.

If you have no access to a grinder and wet sandpaper in 600,1200 and 3000. The knowledge of how to use both of these thing's.
    Then I would say sure pay the guy $100 in labor to do the job. Let's not forget the shipping charges and Ins charges. That butt pad better get me some 25's.
    If you do have these things then put your talents to the test. And use the extra hundred for shells.

There is one exception to this if your gun cost more then most peoples car
    then it should be required to have all work done by gunsmith. Just my thought.
    Tom R

11. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

trapman69, I agree. By the way when I saw the name at the end of your post I had to do a double take.

Tom R.

12. preacherman

preacherman TS Member

I like the Country Gentleman's adjustables

13. Tron

Well you're in luck Mr. Ducks because right now I've got a special going on. Tire rotation, oil change and your choice of Kickeez pad ground to fit for the low low price of $69.95

Tron (NW of Detroit)

14. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Another vote for Greg Hissem. Dave T.

15. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Tron has done all of my gun work, not just the stocks but shell deflectors and bolt closers as well.

Here is some of his work... Shell deflector on my son's Beretta 390. The shells just drop at his feet.

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/Guns/?action=view¤t=Beretta005Small.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/Guns/?action=view¤t=Beretta010Small.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Adjustable pad on my sons 390...

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/Guns/?action=view¤t=HPIM0343Medium.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Adjustable butt-plate with a Kickeez pad and adjustable comb on a Dick's Franchi Diamond...

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/Guns/?action=view&current=HPIM0419Small.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

I have more pics of other gun work but you get the idea. Turn around time is quick and his prices are reasonable. The big plus is he cares about his work and customer satisfaction.

He will get all my needed gun work.

Jerbear

16. sako2115

sako2115 TS Member

Also, if you are in So-Cal, give George W. Clark a call. His adjustable butt plates are the best, the most adjustable. He is quite fair. Call 323-721-3848. Buck-Shot Engineering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

adjustable shotgun buttplate

are adjustable butts worth it
best adjustable butt plate for beretta a390
best adjustable butt plates
best rated adjustable shotgun butt plated
how makes the best adjustable shotgun butts pad

jones adjustable buttplate

jones adjustable recoil pad shotgun