1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who makes that back bead riser?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by little gambler, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

Who makes those back bead plastic risers that look like a trapzoid? They attach in the same bead hole with a 3-56 allen head or small screw. Do they make them in any different heights? I have had one forever and did not remember who built it for me, and is about 1/8" in height. email me or pm me. Thanks. l.g.

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Jerrie White in Fort Collins CO, makes them. He calls it a "bump" and does resemble a trapzoid with screw mount in center bead hole.

He just put one on my TM1 and made it so my gun shoots 90-10 pattern.
    He does this by the height he makes it.

His has a channel through it, so it resembles a rear sight, but funny as that sounds, I spend less time looking at my sight, because the way it is made, it tells you in a split second if your gun is canted or not.

3. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

Does he have a shop web site?

Ray

4. locdoc

locdoc Member

Could anyone post a picture for those that are unfamiliar?

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer,dist

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I have them in three colors; red, green, & yellow.

These are the Perazzi inserts and I looked for a picture, but couldn't locate it. If you post one, I can comment if mine are the same.

Whiz White

7. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Here is the "bump" made by Jerrie White in Fort Collins CO. The purpose is to provide alginment when there is a lot space between the beads.

Side, top and front view and one looking down the rib.

rickbarker_2009_250552.jpg

Picture down the rib is out of focus, have not figured out how to correct f stop with these modern cameras. Green Hi-viz sight just barely visable.

Now I know there are a lot of people that will not like this because it is not old school, where as you just don't have a rear sight on a shotgun. I always believe if a gadget helps you break more birds, why not.
    rickbarker_2009_250553.jpg

rickbarker_2009_250554.jpg

Whiz, you and little gambler must be talking about something I know nothing about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bump riser for shotgun