1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who makes replacement beretta slide on combs?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BD457, Feb 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BD457

BD457 Member

I have a Beretta 682x with the adjustable comb that isn't on the posts, but it has replaceable wood combs of differing heights. I'd like to get one made so I can raise the rib on the gun. Does anybody make one or is this one of those "Just replace the stock" things?

Thanks,
    Mike

2. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

Which number is on your gun now?I may have a couple here.

3. BD457

BD457 Member

My gun came with two of them. I have the #3 in the safe, so there is a taller one on my gun right now, but I don't know which number it is. The higher the number,the taller it is? I need a super tall one.

Mike

4. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

You don't need a different stock if you're talking about the slide on slide off comb system of difference heights? If this is what you have, you can build up the existing comb with tape to find the right height for your add on rib, assuming you're adding a higher rib and then send it off to one the guy's who work on stocks such as Tron, Rod at Rod's custom or Stock Maker, all who ring in on the this sight and I think advertise here as well. Any of these guy's can duplicate it in wood.

If you decide you don't like a higher rib and remove it, you can unscrew the plastic slide from the higher comb and reattach to the old one. You may be able to find the plastic slide on fixture by posting on the Wanted to Buy section here.

If you adding on a rib, I would suggest you make a mock up out of Balsa or some other material so you can determine the rib height that works best for you before making a rib purchase.

Surfer

5. BD457

BD457 Member

Surfer, That's the advice I was looking for. let me see if I have it right though.

1) make a temporrary rib to find the height rib I need
    1A) build up with foam, tape, whatever, a suitable height comb for the rib height I have decided on.

2) make final adjustments to rib height and fine tune comb.

3) send SLIDE ON?OFF comb from 2 above to one of the fine stock makers here to duplicate in wood.

4) receive newly manufactured comb. Install on gun. break 'em all.

did I get that right?

6. dead on 4

Got it covered!

Remember, if you're looking for the gun to shoot a higher poi than it does presently, you will have to have your-add on rib taper lower towards the muzzle to raise your poi. If you're just looking to rotate your head upward for a more forward view and want to maintain the same poi, your-add on rib needs to be the same height front to rear. Example: 1/2" high front to rear. An add on rib with the same dimensions front to rear will shoot the same poi as the rib it's glued to when the comb is raised and beads are stacked. This is why it's important to make a mock up, so you can sort every before you commit to a purchase. This is where an adjustable rib and comb come into play, you can dial in a gun by turning a few nuts and screws

Have Fun.........

Surfer

7. BD457

BD457 Member

I think I got it. You've been a great help. Thank you

8. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

It can be made adjustable, like this one:

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view┬Ąt=DSCN0096.jpg" target="_blank"> DSCN0096.jpg </a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=DSCN0097.jpg" target="_blank"> DSCN0097.jpg </a>

9. craby boy

craby boy TS Member

I like my WRAPID comb installs with velcro, doesnt seem to effect the POI left or right either at least for me.

Crabby

10. dead on 4

BD 457,
    Tron Has the best comb solution, I didn't realize there was enough wood thickness for the pin bushings for an adjustable comb, nice job Joe..........

Surfer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta replacement slide