1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who makes left handed trap gun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Titan Trap Team, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan Trap Team

Titan Trap Team Member

I was asked who makes a left handed Trap Gun. I could really use some information on this. Thanks Mark

2. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Do you mean a true left-handed Trap gun? I mean everything left-handed?
    I don't think its out there. The high-end gun makers will make you a left-handed stock but mechanically its for RH shooters.
    Browning, Winchester doesn't, Remington makes a LH 870. Not sure about a P-Gun. Not much choice for LH shooters. Dave T.

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

All the top makers can make you a LH stock, from browning to beretta (hard to come by but they are out there), to perazzi, kolar, kreighoff, ect. The only guns i'm aware of that will offer a left hand operating lever (opening by a push to the left rather than to the right) are some Marocchis, the Blasers, and Krieghoffs if you special order them (for who knows how much $).

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I actually find it much easier operating the release on my Browning citori XT O/U lefty than right handed. Its a push rather than pull. Although small hands/short thumbs maybe a problem. Unless its designed by lefty and built by lefty it can never be lefty. Just focus on the stock. make sure it fits you. There are some left hand guns out there but price and parts make them useless. as far as some other left handed guns. The new stag arms left handed AR is pretty cool. M&P hand gun by smith&wesson has ambi slid release and reversable magazine release. beretta 2000 also. both my LH 870 and 1100 have been traded in. never really worked out well.

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

There are a few 90-T lefties out there....left-handed top lever. I did a few while I was at Kolar...at the time it was about a $350 conversion.

Doug Braker

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

You can get a left-handed 1100 or 1187 and put a trap barrel and a trap stock on it. Lefty 1100/1187 trap barrels are hard to come by, but they can be found.

The 1100's are pretty much neutrally stocked, so they're ambidextrous.

7. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Most of the top trap guns are available from the factory with cast-on stocks for left handed shooters and the stock fit is all that is important here. I have a pair of Beretta 682 combos stocked this way. The Beretta 391 is user adjustable via shims for cast on/off and the safety is easily reversed.

I never have had any problem opening a break action gun using my left thumb and if I ever got one that was reversed it would probably just confuse me.

8. dennis (nj)

dennis (nj) Guest

I guess the Ljutic could be considered ambidextrious with the break open button in the front but who likes them other than me ???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.