1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who makes a SuperX-1 Release trigger???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Trap2, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Mike....Timney was the only one I could find to do it when I had mine done a couple years ago. I had a lot of trouble with it when I got it back from him and finally sold the gun. You might check with Stu Wright and see if he is going to do them now that he has bought out all of Al's stuff....Dan

2. antique

antique TS Member

i have a hoblite is that the right spelling. Jim. they are the best triggers

3. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Phil Crenwelge or Jerry White would be my picks to do these.

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Supposedly Gary Roman is having some guy make him parts so he can make Hobblitt triggers. A guy I know sent him a trigger a long time ago and he never got around to doing the parts so my buddy finally just got his trigger back, but if he ever gets the trigger parts made he will be a source of triggers that are very hard to come by. Anybody that knows theguy who needs a release trigger should call him and find out where he is at in the project. I don't have his number or I would call. Jeff

5. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

I had five Hoblit release triggers for my Super-X. They never failed so I did sell two of them to friends about three years ago, after I had retired from competitive shooting in 2001. The correct spelling of his name is as I have typed it, it is not Hobblitt.

I have decided to return to trap shooting again, but MIGHT sell one. Send an offer to my e-mail address bogieone@hughes.net . It's not about only money, it's about your dedication to trap or sporting clays.

Emerson was a super nice and knowledgeable man. He was in research and development for General Motors. In his earlier days he was a Winchester sponsored shooter on live birds. They made a special Model 21 for him that shot the left barrel first, instead of the right barrel. Then he converted it to double releases.

I have been to his home in Brookville, Ohio, met his wife Paula, and shot on his trap and skeet fields. He had every type ( brand ) of shotgun there that he had converted to releases, and any one of his guests could shoot any of his guns. BUT the most unusual gun WITH A RELEASE was a 22 rifle that we shot at a target in his garage. He later sent me a picture of the target that we shot that day.

Tom Strunk

6. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

I wanted to report that I have just got off the phone talking to my old friend, Emerson Hoblit. He is doing O.K. but is on oxygen 24 hours a day. He is 89 years old and gets around with a electric wheelchair.

Paula ( Emerson's wife ) stills shoots a little but Emerson does not. He said that except for the main building everything is gone from the old Vandalia gun club and that most of the smaller gun clubs have closed.

Tom Strunk

7. kgunner

kgunner TS Member

Just be careful not to use Kemmerly! Friend of mine had one for a Super X and "pulled through" about 1/2 the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.