1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

who makes a good reloader

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Herb32, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herb32

Herb32 TS Member

Hi everyone I have a mec jr i want to move up to a progressive one any ideas?
    I was looking at a rcbs grand or the possnes warren 800plus

2. Ontario Chris

Ontario Chris Member

The loaders that you mentioned are good loaders. Also you might consider the MEC Grabber or the MEC 9000. Another good loader is the Spolar.

I use a PW 950 with some updates.

Chris

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

All of the companies out there make good loaders. They are all different and have their fans. The differences are usually just subtle. The above mentioned Spolar is the "Ferarri" of reloaders but its finished product is no better than a properly adusted PW, Hornady or MEC's. Most of the companies have great customer service with some offering free replacement parts.

4. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I started on a Mec 600. Then a 650 and now a G9000. I will in time be buying a Spolar when the money comes around. I have been reloading for 38 years. If you have not been reloading for awhile a Mec G9000 will be a good next step for you.

5. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

I have loaded over 50,000 shells on my MEC 9000G with no problems. I have been very pleased with it.

Allen

6. APrice

APrice Active Member

I don't use a MEC 9000G, but I think I'll have to buy one. 50,000 reloads with NO PROBLEMS is absolutely incredible!

7. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

MEC 9000 represents the best value for your dollar for a production loader.

8. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

I have had 2 P&W s over the last 35+ years. I shoot over 8000 reloads a year. My current P&W has hydraulic assist, case loader and 300 primer tray. I can load almost a case an hour. My powder drop is exceptionally stable due to the hydraulic power, grounded loader and powder baffle. The shells will function in an auto loader due to full length resizing.

A could have bought a Spolar without a case loader or hydraulic system for the same price as the loaded P&W. I think a Spolar is the top of the line with P&W running second. Based on price alone it is hard to beat a MEC.

9. hwy13

hwy13 Member

Hello,,

I prefer to stand up when reloading and changing the angle
    of the handle on my MEC really helps with comfort.

I am only talking 5,000 to 6,500 re-loads each year,
    a small amount compared to a lot of shooters.

[​IMG]

10. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

One for MEC reloaders 9000's are great so are the 650's should you not mind resizing on a seperate machine.

11. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

You wont go wrong with a mec 9000

12. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

If you want quality stay away from loaders that are made of stamped steel parts and look for castings and forgings. They will last your lifetime and that of your childrens.

ss

13. 2500 HD

2500 HD Active Member

1 theing I like about a Mec is that when the machine pushes the wad down it back fills with shot on the way up. Less chance for wads pedals to fold back in.

14. wrockets

wrockets TS Member

I've got a problem with my MEC 9000 - it keeps making shells that don't break targets. And I don't know how - but it makes handicap loads that are worse than the loads for singles.

Still trying to figure it out . . .

Other than that - all the shells look pretty, and all go 'boom' . . .

15. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I'll throw in for a Hornady 366.

16. stingray44130

stingray44130 Member

Spolar second to none Denny

17. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Hornaday 366 for me. Bought one used (300 bucks). Sent it to Hornaday for a 'tune-up.' Only out of pocket expence was my shipping to them. They covered the cost back plus parts and labor for FREE. Since then, if a part gives out they just send me a new one for FREE. I load about 30k shells a year. Not much anything breaks or wears out. I've put around 150k shells through it so far. Jim

18. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I wish I'd spent some more time with the 366 I had, in fact, never even loaded a shell on it. Wasn't shooting 12ga at the time, so I didn't have a reason to try it out.

It kinda combines the best aspects of the PW and the MEC into one press.

19. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

If you can find the extra cash look long and hard into the MEC 9000E. Just a lovable machine. Get the bottle stabilizer as it makes changing bushings and bars a snap with no loss of any kind. Lotta guys got 'em and all lovin' them.

20. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have a MEC 9000GN that I put 15,000 + rounds a year on. Got tired of pulling the handle and now have a MEC 9000HN. It is smoother faster and a lot easier on your arms.
    My friend has a Spolar and is love with it. He will be add the hydraulic soon.
    This pulling the handle get old fast just like us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

are mec 9000hn a good loader