1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who makes a good leather range bag?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 1max1molly, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1max1molly

1max1molly TS Member

Looking for a good quality leather bag in a blue collar price range to tote my shells and glasses in. Bandera makes a nice bag but is the 12" size too small to hold 6 boxes of shells and Ranger glass case? Seen a roomy Pavillion leather bag for $160 price range. Looks nice but any good? Thank you.

2. PNT

PNT Member

Click on above website for excellent bags.

3. Big Bopper

Big Bopper TS Member

Try Filsons. They aren't leather, but they hold a ton and last forever! www.filsons.com You can sometimes find them on e-bay a little cheaper. I've bought some from an outfit called Heartland Supply on e-bay. I can highly recommend them. Regards, Bob

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

1MAx E-mail me I have a nice used leather bag 8 box,s to side pockets and front pocket in very good shape . It,s a Lonesome Charlies

5. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Look at the Shamrock bags. I have two 8 box bags with the large front pouch. Both are unused and I would sell them for $40.00 less than their website shows for the same bag and I will pay the shipping. One is plain antique leather and the other is the pine cone design. Both have the name of the shoot where won and a year but there are no names tooled on them. Shamrock will put your name on at the major shoots they attend.

Let me know if you're interested. Drop the xx's.

Bob

6. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Try the site above. They are a good co to deal with.

7. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

i've checked out the cabela's leather bag up close and personal - in my opinion it's the value of the bunch. the question is whether to line the pockets of the box store retailer or support an artisan.

8. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

1max1molly... Bandera makes a great quality bag for the price. I, personally, use their 12" bag and can carry 8 boxes of shells in the bag, and my glasses and some accessories, in the optional pouch they offer for that bag. I only live about 15 miles from them and have been using their products for many years. For the money, they are the best I've found. You can find more expensive bags, but you can't find a bag that will serve you any better than a Bandera bag.....Just my opinion....Dan Thome (Trap2)

9. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

FlaLagarto...you got close...Gary Stevens' business is WORKING DOG LEATHER...his stuff is handmade, high quality, built to serve it's owner forever.

Ken Rucker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.