1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who makes a add-on rib?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by guerini, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guerini

guerini TS Member

Just wondering who makes the add-on rib, I've seen them made of wood, and aluminum. But never knew a name...

Thanks, Pat

2. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

One of the bigger makers of add on ribs is Keen Sights. Vicki Keen makes both fixed and adjustable add ribs of very high quality (I have used them and really like them) and can make them just about however you would like. There are also makers of Delrin add ribs and Moneymaker can make steel replacement ribs as well. Do a search on the forum for add on ribs and you will find a wealth of threads on the subject.

Jim R

3. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

http://www.keensights.com/page4.html

4. guerini

guerini TS Member

Thanks, Keen Sights was the one I was thinking about...

5. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

I prefer the custom delrin ribs that Dave Berlet makes. I have two of them and the are WONDERFUL. The are attached with double sided tape. Very high quality, cheap price and fast turnaround. You can contact Dave at 419-753-2557 or DSBERLET@NKTELCO.NET. Tell him BIGPAPA told you to contact him.

6. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

Dennis DeVault makes fixed and adjustable Delrin ribs.
    Midland machining in Mi makes fixed out of aluminum.

7. GOT A PAIR

GOT A PAIR TS Member

Check with Denis or Dave, I was not happy with Keen sights.

8. guerini

guerini TS Member

Thanks for the feedback I will check them out.... Do either of them have a website?

9. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I also build add on ribs. Built them for everything from 870's and 1100's to K-80's and Kolars. The picture below is a BT-99 that I did for a local TS.com member.

[​IMG]

If you're interested, feel free to email me. Josh

10. crusha

crusha TS Member

I will second Dave Berlet. He's a former Clay Target Championship winner at the Grand and does fine, fine work. If you want him to, he will drill blind holes and attach your Delrin rib with bolts that aren't visible in the finished product.

I've never had a problem with Moneymaker, either, by the way. Ray Barnes' outfit has done several ribs for me of different types and is top-notch also.

11. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

I have a Keensights rib. They sent me exactly what I ordered. Took two weeks. It is held on with black silicone sealant. Starting at one end push down on the rib every inch to squeeze out the excess sealant and eliminate voids. Suction holds it in place. No need for ty-raps . If the original rib is not flat that could cause the new rib to be uneven. I wouldn't do anything to alter the original rib.

12. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

Dave does not have a website. Just a good-ole boy trap shooter, who does quality work and prices for the shooter. Dave will set the POI exactly where you want it. There are a lot of shooters in my area that have used his products. Not one of them are unhappy with the work or results. Call Dave at 419-753-2557

13. victoria K

victoria K Member

GOT A PAIR

I'd like to know what you were unhappy with, I pride myself with customer service and a good product. Customer feed back is high on my list good or bad. If you had a bad experience I'd like to know about it.

Thanks Vicki Keen 661-873-7162

14. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

I had work done by Keensights. Excellent job.very pleasant to work with,& fast turn around.
    Joe Jordan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

delrin rib 870