1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

who made this model 12 trigger?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    i saw a neat trigger on a model 12 trap gun. when you move the safety one way, it's a pull trigger. when you move the safety the other way, it's a release trigger. i asked the owner who made this trigger and he did not know. he purchased the gun used. anybody know who use to make this type of trigger. it also has a pin you put through the hole in the safety so it could not accidently switch from pull to release unless you made the switch yourself.
    steve balistreri

2. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Im sure you will get an answer pretty quick even if it is after mid night here I will do a search to see but im sure others will post it before I reply back.

Anyway your question will be answered within 2 hours.

Foggy

3. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Allen Timney made such a trigger. I don't believe him to be the only one that did. His work (Mr. Timney's) was usually marked with his name, but not on all. I had one that didn't bear his name, but it was his trigger. It was as you described yours. J.Woolsey

4. primer

primer TS Member

Herb Orre. [sp]

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Sounds like a Timney trigger.

Pat Ireland

6. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

There used to be a guy here in PA that did that same kind of trigger job. I bought a used model 12 about 25 years ago and it had one in it.

AJ100

7. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

AJ

Could the name be Miller? He was fairly famous for his work on triggers. I believed he lived in the Millersburg area.

Dale,

8. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Herb Orre made a lot of release-pull triggers for model 12s..The hole with a safety pin I dont recall.

Regards Gerald

9. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Wayne, I don't think so. I would have remembered Miller triggers. A lot of the guys I shoot flyers with have Miller triggers in their Model 21's.

AJ100

10. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

the guy in pa was lou waltersdorf and ha made a type of trigger like that. motordoc

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Timney, and they are great triggers ... I have a Timney and Spears trigger for Model 12's and they are both truly great triggers with increased lock time which makes the Model 12 an even better gun than it was before ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. claytarget

claytarget TS Member

Herb Orre made that type of trigger. Herb was employed by winchester at one time. he had a small building at the grand . He was famous for the Herb Orre Choke. He made two of his triggers for me.
    Ron Rieck.

13. PhCr

PhCr Member

I have made them like that so did Timmney ,Spear,Schwab and Herb Orre. If you can take a picture of it I can tell you who made it

Phillip Crenwelge

14. capnrico

capnrico TS Member

Does it look like this one?

<a href="http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i181/1capnrico/?action=view&current=mtsafety.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

herb orre release pull trigger

herb orre release trigger

herb orre trigger