1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who Loads .300 Win Mag??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Recoil Sissy, Nov 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a ts.c kind of guy that loads and shoots .300 Win Mag. If that's you, drop me a private message.

Thanks.

sissy

2. Recoil Sissy

Gentlemen:

Thanks to everyone that responded. If you haven't yet received a response to your PM, you will in the next day or three.

Thanks again.

Sincerely,

sissy

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Want any brass?

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I taking a .300 mag, to a whitetail hunt in Virginia next week, should I feel under gunned?

5. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

No Shannon

6. Recoil Sissy

Grunt:

Thanks, but no.

sissy

PS: Check for a PM

7. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

Golly Geez....a 300 win. magnum for Whitetail?? A bit overkill....no Pun intended. I have hunted Whitetail for 40 years in New England.....used to be a 30 30, then a 300 Savage, and now a .308. Everything I ever shot was with a 150 grain bullet. For me personally the .300 savage, with a muzzle velocity of say 2400 fps, and knock down energy at 100 yards is about 1850 ft-lbs. Is was, the Best. I would think most whitetail hunters will agree the 3 caliber that I have used are more than sufficient for a northeast Whitetail kill. Save your shoulder and some meat....use a lighter caliber. Just my opinion .

8. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The 300 Win Mag is at its best with a 190 gr BTSP and a case full of H1000, with Fed 215 primer. I shot these at up to 1000 yards, except used a SMK 190.

It is overkill for whitetail, but what you shoot is your business. If you are going to throttle down the 300, you might as well shoot an Ought Six.

9. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Its a well known fact that those massive Virginia Whitetails are dangerous game and have been known to charge when wounded by lesser calibers - take the big gun:)

Actually I have found the 300 WSM to be just fine on game as small as Pronghorn - I use the 180 gr Nosler Accubond and they really don't tear up the animal any worse than a 'mild' round like my .257 Roberts (doesn't kill them any deader either) . Just shoot em in the chest and it will be quick and clean.

10. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

Shooting Coach....have you shot the 300 Win. Magnum with Remingtons new Managed Recoil?? I thought of this aa a good Whitetail Cartridge.

11. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I was being a smart ass.

I got a screaming deal on a .300 with lots of ammo, I can't hunt with it in lower MI.

I have killed many many deer with shotgun and bow, looking forward to the rifle experience.

12. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I generally do not shoot factory ammo. I have not shot a factory 300 round in over 40 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.