1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who knows Brownings & what year will fit on what?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GoldEx, May 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

I have a 1981 BT-99 Pigeon Grade. Curious what year barrels can be fit to this receiver without any other modifications. Have a few barrels out there but want to know if they can be fit to receiver before buying. Is there a production range of barrels that are all compatible? I know there are several years of Citori's that are compatible with each other. Is the same true for BT's?

Jeff

2. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

In my experience, its unlikely you will find any BT barrels that will fit ...without fitting by a gunsmith. Usually not too expensive to have done.

3. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

I understand that the barrels will need to be fit and it does not cost much. Already have a quote from MGW in MO.

JK

4. Seitz231

Seitz231 Member

Art Issacson in Hillsboro, Mo. best there is on Brownings or any gun for that matter. Prices are very fair as well.

www.artsgunshop.com

5. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

TTT

JK

6. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Thanks Pat. MGW says anything built prior to 2001 will not need the barrel lug modificaion. Just the standard fit to the hinge pin and forearm metal.

JK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.