1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is The Best Alfermann Gunsmith

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by citadel, Apr 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citadel

citadel Active Member

I recently bought a beautiful Alfermann SBT and need to get a recommendation for "The Man" to work on the gun or should I send it back to the manufacturer for trigger work and a checkup.

Your help is appreciated.
    Doug

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

the twins are the first choice but I'll bet they have others they would recommend. Merlin would know too.

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Have them put the new trigger in it. Unbelievably fast lock time.

4. citadel

citadel Active Member

Thanks guys. I need to lighten up the trigger as the pull is a bit too heavy for me. I will call in the AM. What a beautiful gun. I traded a Perazzi MX15 and some cash for it and both I and the other party were very, very satisfied wiht the trade. You meet great people on TS.
    Doug

5. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

If the serial number is above 32, it has the new trigger, before 32, it could be the new one. There are a few of the old-style out there. J.D.Overstreet still shoots his and rather well, I might add.......

To answer your question, Citadel, The Twinns (manufacturer) and I have all the parts necessary and would be happy to check, clean, and inspect the trigger. If it needs adjustment, we do that too!!!!!!!

To remove the trigger, make sure the gun is cocked (for removal or installation) and remove the Allen screw at the bottom of the receiver (barrel off) and the trigger should come out the bottom (nothing will fly apart). Send the trigger to either of us.

Larry Alfermann Merlyn Petersmeyer
    1482 Pottery Rd. 28864 Vals la.
    Washington, Mo. 63090 Warrenton Mo. 63383
    636-239-9035 636-456-1012

We will be happy to help.............merlyn

6. concrete

concrete TS Member

Roger Eubanks, in Homedale Idaho knows Alfermanns, he builds a lot of the gun. Send the triggers to the twins, send the rest of it to Roger. I have #224 and he has been my repairman, nobodys better. He is one of the top gunsmiths on the planet and a hell of a nice guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.