1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

???????Who is responable??????????????????????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by griffonexpress, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. griffonexpress

griffonexpress TS Member

I was wondering who's responibilty is it to keep track of whether a score that you shoot is in line for a trophy? While at a state shoot this past week I shot a score that was one target from being high, with two(of the same score) higher. So I assumed the two scores would take champion and runner-up. They posted the winner of the trophies the next morning,and I glanced at them and saw my name was not there, so I thought I hadn't won the R/U. A friend was checking the tophy postings and called my attention to the fact that a score less than mine had recieved the R/U tophy. On questioning officials about why a score lower than mine recieved the trophy,the official got perturbed, and said that the trophy had aready been given away and that the posts had been up for a day and there was a time limit on the postings.

I have two Questions 1: Am I responsible to keep track of all scores my class to see if I am eligible for a trophy?

2: Is there a time limit on contesting posting for trophies?

Fortunately for me the guy who had picked up the trophy was still on the grounds and returned the trophy,so everything work out,but I just wanted to know what I'm responible for?

2. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Sounds like the fault lies on the people handling the shoot . Glad you were awarded your trophy and the fellow was honest enough to turn it over .

3. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

What was the trophy like?

4. griffonexpress

griffonexpress TS Member

It wasn't a big trophy

5. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

We've errored doing this in the past. Once a shooter has left with a trophy, we ended up buying a similar one for the correct winner.

We then listed the correct winners for Trap & Field.

A simple mistake, but it is important to do the right thing. I don't think we've ever asked for a trophy back once the shoot has ended and people have left for the day. Kinda leave a bad taste in one's mouth when you try to withdraw from one when we made the mistake in the first place.

WW

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Anyone who has not been involved with determination of trophy winners has no idea how complicated it can become. Errors are made. It is the managements responsibility to correct errors once they are discovered.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.