1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is on your prayer list tonight?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by recurvyarcher, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Sometimes we concentrate so hard on the people who need our immediate prayers that we never stop to think that life is fragile and temporary. I had a prayer list 2 days ago that didn’t include our friend Pat. Now his family is at the top. We are all so saddened.

In Pat’s honor, I would like to start a prayer list to keep on ts.com. We can add and delete as necessary, so it can be a living thread. I think God hears our prayers, and I pray for every one of you all, too, that God may keep your mind and your heart within his reach. You never know when your time will come, do you?

I'll start it:

The Irelands, that they hold on to the good memories and don’t let Pat’s passing defeat their faith. He wouldn’t want that.

Bob and Syd Hudek and family from Iowa. Bob is battling a relapse of cancer, and recently had brain surgery and is re-schooling one side of his body now. He’s a real trooper, and their faith is very strong. They could really use our prayers.

Calvin Schappell, who has undergone a harrowing experience with bariatric surgery gone wrong. He has a while yet to go for a complete recovery.

Our own Mr. Charles (Gary), who was battling cancer not too long ago. Has anyone heard from him?

Quattle was also recovering from cancer treatments at around the time of the Grand. I hope he has been cured.

Brian from Oregon. I remember that his dad had terminal cancer, and was given 3-4 months. That was in August, I believe. His family could use some of God's grace about now.

2. turmite

turmite Member

Curvy, thank you for posting this. Yes, it is true that when we are in the midst of the trials we then to concentrate on the immediate need. In my case it is my bride of almost 40 years. I have nearly lost a year of memory for being so tunnel visioned, and I admit, I have not prayed or worried about much else, and for that I am ashamed. I will pray for Pat's family tonight because but for the grace of God, that would be my family right now. Will also pray for the other's on your list.

Again, thank you. BTW, if you want to include me, I did concentrate on my wife so much I almost waited too long to take care of myself. Had a heart cath on the 10th and the Dr told me I had just barely dodged the bullet. 99.9% blockage lower left decending. The discharge nurse failed to tell me that if I did not take my Plavix I would die. I came close a week ago today!

Mike

3. recurvyarcher

Mike, you are added. I'll say one for you every night. Keep us posted.

4. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Devi I know 3 of the 6 personally I didn't know about Paul Qualltebaum ok might had miss spelled it maybe this isn't the same person.

Anyway I pray for everoneone to get better even if I never met them.
    I also pray for the Ireland Family im sure it was a shock to them as to us also.

I guess there is a need for a few more not so old nice people up above so I guess Pat was called up to serve I know he will fit right in and others above will be glad to have him to be friends with.

Foggy!!

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

There are so many people on my prayer list that I can't even count them anymore. Another friend has cardiac issues and has discovered a Melanoma recently. His wife is also in trouble. Of course my Mom, and so many others that are still here and some that have gone recently. It's been a bad year and I have lost several friends and am watching others just hanging on. They all make my troubles seem minor in comparison. Prayers and thoughts to all!

6. Annie Get Your Gun

Annie Get Your Gun Member

Mitchell and Della.

7. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Military people who take huge risk for this country. Little children who are sick at a young age.

8. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

My brother Jerry fighting his own issues and unexpectedly having to take custody of his two young grand kids at his age!

Thanks Recurvy GREAT idea!!!!!!!!

9. recurvyarcher

Condelences are in order for Brian, whose dad has recently passed away. Martin and I sorry for your loss.

10. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I don't know if this fits here but I'd like to add my grand niece, Megan 17 years old. She colapsed in to a coma 18 weeks ago from asthma. She can not breath on her own and there is little evidence of brain activity. She is in a hospital in NYC she has " coded" three times. My prayer is that God intervenes and either brings her back or dosen't allow her to suffer.

11. recurvyarcher

Bruce, it fits. I'll add her to mine.

I agree that everyone benefits from prayer. Many need a little extra.

12. Shotgunbutch

Shotgunbutch Member

Our friend Will Wagner who has a rare blood cancer.

Our friend Len Gustaffson who has prostate cancer.

Our friend Thomas Herr who has been out of work for 11 months. He has 4 cute little children.

Adrian Garvin out of work for a year, also has 4 children.

Debbie and Arnie

13. recurvyarcher

Thanks to God that you are back in the fold, my friend!

Debbie and Arnie, they are added. Thanks for letting us know about them.

14. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

I too am guilty of not being thankful enough for the blessings GOD has given me,sometimes I need a BIG wakeup call, & I got it early this year when my wife of 49 years was diagnosed with 2 separate cancers with GOD's help she is recovering. Had it not been for all the prayers & support we received the past 10 months we couldn't have made it through. We are now praying for everyone, & being thankful for our own good fortune. Thanks to Recurvy for reminding me. Ross Puls

15. Shotgunbutch

Shotgunbutch Member

Thank you Devi.

Prayers do work.

Debbie and Arnie

16. skeezix

skeezix Member

My friend Jesse Geddes was killed in an auto accident last Friday. His son Nick was with him - but is ok. Jesse was primarily a skeet shooter - but he loved the shooting sports. If any of you have attended the Hoppie shoot at Missoula Trap and Skeet in the last three or four years - you will know Jesse as the guy that organized and ran the pullers. I'd ask that his family be added to the prayer list.

john

17. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

Our trapshooting friend that had surgery last week. He is mostly doing well. AJ

18. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

My Mother. 1 month ago she had to go from her home to a skilled care facility. She'll be 90 years old on Monday but has given up her will to continue living. Darrell

19. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I'm sorry about your Mother's condition, Darrell.

My Mom suffered a stroke right after 9/11, was half paralyzed, and also did not want to go on living. The following months were agonizing. God be with you and your Mom.

-Gary

20. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

My wife Jayne and I have cancer. I do not need to be placed on a prayer list, but if you could add Jayne to your list I would appreciate it. After her taking care of me for years, she herself got breast cancer. She is a strong courageous woman, as she continues to go to work on a daily basis despite every morning having to take 40 rounds of radiation treatments. The burns she has suffered from treatment are very uncomfortable, but she never complains. We have been together since 1968, and I know her well enough by just looking into her eyes and seeing the pain and the determination that she still has. We have three young grandsons that she prayers that God will allow her to see grow up.
    Thanks,
    Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.