1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is Northview - Makes Custom Barrels

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by citadel, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citadel

citadel Active Member

I have a Perazzi MX-8 unsingle barrel that appears to have been constructed from a Perazzi MX-8 double barrel. The top barrel appears to have been cut off, plugged and a an unsingle rib added. Does anyone know anything about Nothview barrels and who might have constructed this unsingle.
    Thanks,
    Doug

2. citadel

citadel Active Member

3. 12 Gage

12 Gage Member

Northview was located in Toronto, Ontario in the late 1970's and early 80's. They made the barrels by using a Perazzi monoblock, retubing the lower barrel and adding the high posts with the tapered rib. I haven't heard of them in the past 20 some years and they are not listed in the telephone book. There are still a few of these barrels around most had choke tubes and were a quality barrel.

Gord

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I've owned 2 in my life.. both very decent barrels.. Nothing special.. nothing better or worse than a factory barrel.. Most were built to order.. so you could get just about anything you wanted as far as a rib.. or choke..or weight.. They have very little resale value..usually under $1000..but I have no bone to pick with them.. They do their job..

I do warn people.. most of the mono-blocks they used were from very old Perazzi shotguns.. the pivots can be well worn..and some just don't fit well on new receivers.. some are OK.. some great.. some just can't get there..

5. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

I've been looking at doing the same thing to a Citori XT barrel set to make an unsingle barrel. Since unsingle barrels are nearly impossible to find alone, I figured it would be a lower cost option.

Seems like this would be the way to go with Perrazzi's as well since nothing in that class is cheap at all.

Randy

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Northview Gun Specialties used to install Simmons ribs, did first rate blueing and did many Model 12 build-ups taking field grade guns and giving them the full treatment of polish, re-blue, bolt and follower jewelling and Simmons rib install. I have 2 such Model 12's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

northview barrels

retubing barrels