1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is best for repairing stock chip

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by copper, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. copper

copper Member

While shooting trap a chip came off one of my stocks the piece of wood maybe 1 1/2 long by 1 in wide when you lay back on gun you can,t even tell its lose who is best in my neck of Woods to do repair I am SW PA . Dave

2. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

Beware you may have a problem with wood to metal fit. I would think something had to make the wood chip. I would e-mail Tron or Rods stock works they do adjustable combs etc and can at least help. Good luck and keep us posted

3. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

Not in your neck of the woods but Larry Garroutte (spelling) is as good as it gets. He fixed a gun of mine that fell on a concrete parking stop and broke the forearm. When I got it back you could not tell it had a chip broke out of it. I could hand it to someone and they couldn't tell me where the repair was made. He is on this forum quite often. COR-Kel Arms I believe is his business.His # is 580-431-2020. Hope this helps.

Jimmy

4. leftex

leftex Active Member

What Jimmy said. I saw the before and after. Outstanding workmanship.

Wayne

5. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

SW PA, eh? Go Steelers.

You should be close to Canton, OH. I'd call Dennis DeVault and see if he could help.

Gene Bstchelar
    Wheaton, IL

6. copper

copper Member

thanks very much regards David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.