1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is ATA's worst shooter?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tron, Jan 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

OK, we know who all of the BIG dogs are, but hows about the really really little dogs? Come on little dogs, here's your chance to tell us about it. I will send the worst shooter a free barrel button (fits on your shoe) in your choice of colors (red white and blue, black, green, brown or blue).

Tron

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

gotta be me ...I just mostly spectate anymore and when I do shoot its from a barstool..things are so bad the targets won't even break out of pity when I run them over with my golfcart

3. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Tron,must be a long winter up there.For me the worst shooter is the one who ask to be put on the 25 yd line.

Bocephas

4. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

Well you boys can stop asking for the worst trapshooter awards. When I shoot trap, people think that I am the "Stevie Wonder of trapshooting". The way I shoot people would begin to think that the target needs to make noise to get me to shoot closer to it. I am giving courses on "Braille Trapshooting". The worst thing about me on the trap line is that my shooting is so bad that it is contagious and I bring others down to my level. The best advice I ever got was many years ago a fellow at Winter Haven (Polk County) told me I should take two weeks off , then quit shooting.

Charlie

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I like reloading more than shooting. I just shoot to make emties.

6. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Lowest singles average I guess.

7. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

here in wisconsin i am known as the worst shooter in the ata. one time my friend luther and i were shooting an ata event at the waukesha gun club. 2 members of the board set the targets and had it set just for straight aways. i did not notice this until my friend luther told me around the 20th target. luther ran a 25, i ran a 18. i love this sport. i have been in this game since 1972. i keep all my receipts and records of everything i have spent. shells, reloading supplies, guns, clothing, gas and oil, hotel bills, entry fees. the list goes on and on. I have spent in upwards over $200,000.00 and my winnings have totaled $655.00. i love this sport, but i stink at it.
    steve balistreri

8. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

This thread has to win an award for most humorous ever. LOL Bill

9. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Hard to believe that there are that many people that a looking for the title "The Worst" amazing.

My vote goes to the guy from Florida...LOL

Bob Lawless

10. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Naw - the guy from Florida is a sandbagger.

Don

11. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

I heard he was a neer-do-well as well! LOL

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

12. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Sandbagging to be the worst? You mean deliberately hitting targets at small shoots in order to dump a HEAP when the big money is on...LOL. Graham.

13. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

My vote goes to Steve. Anyone that spends $200,000 to win $655.00 is a real loser. Maybe a good guy, but still a real loser...........

14. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

I'm so bad that at Cardinal Center I swept my card through the machine to get a summary of my scores and when I went to read it there were no scores...it just said "YOU STINK"..........Uncle Sam, Pa.

15. cliffshot

cliffshot TS Member

I'm so bad no one will put a release trigger in my shotgun for me!!

16. gotbass

gotbass Member

My squad mates laughed so hard even their barrels went limp. Now when I go to sign up for a shoot the management pays me to stay on the porch. Seems that the excessive mirth causes a "disruption".

17. al391

al391 TS Member

That's easy..........The guys who do all the work (cut grass, load houses, maintain the broken eqipment, teach new shooters, etc.)so others can shoot, take it from those who see it week in and week out. Jack et-all

18. BAYCITYBOB

BAYCITYBOB TS Member

I'm so BAD,THE SCORE KEPPER CALLS MY TARGETS LOST BEFORE I CALL FOR TARGET !!!!!!

19. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

I don't know about singles,but the first year my trapshooting friend Sean shot doubles his ATA average was 37 the following year it was 44,the next year it was a respectable more than half 67,now that at least deserves consideration for the prize.Jerry

20. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

I don't know it it is bad or not,,but I have been reg. ATA for about 5 yrs. now and have 5 wins to my name,,currently have a 64 Bbls ava.,,,I have broken more guns than birds,,,2 Win.s,,1 Sig O/U,,1 Rem.,,2 Brownings and 2 new XT combos,,,but I sure enjoy the sport,,,about 20,000 rounds P/yr.,,,
    Norman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.