1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is ahab and who is Phil Ross

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Chango2, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Some poster here (Ahab) accused me of being dumb for speaking to some guy called Phill Ross. I'm new to shooting, and wonder what this is all about. Ahab posts some insightful stuff; sorry if I offended him; I'll buy him a drink at the range anytime as a gesture of good will and in the finest Christian Spirit of Happy Holidays. And who is Phil Ross?

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Chango2.....go to ww.shootata.com and look in the shooter information center. Phil's ATA number is 0746840. Look at Phil's averages in the 1970's, 80's, and 90's. That should give you a clue as to who Phil Ross is..........Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Big Jim everyone knows you are an idiot.

4. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Ya mean that ya never heard bout Ahab, the Arab, sheik of the burning sand?

5. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Hey! someone has hacked my nick!

Chango2...whoever posted that was not me.

BUT...yes I do know Phil Ross, met him when I 1st started shooting trap in the early 70s. Super nice guy once you got thru his gruff exterior.

His Mod 12 was like magic on the trap field. He would hang sootballs when the bird was still a blur coming out of the trap house.

What kind of guy is he? Hes a big chunk of a guy...looks like a naval gun turret when shooting. But! One year at the Calif State Shoot, Phil won a buckle in an early event, instead of the usual BIG buckle, this was designed for a dress pair of pants. WE were kidding him that no one would see it on his belly, and if he could win another one, he could make them into earrings. There was a young kid in the gruoup of us and said that he thought it was a beatiful buckle and that he wished that he coulkd win one like it. Phil said "You really like it?" Kid said "Oh yes!" Phil said "Then it's yours!" and handed it to him. Kid was so thrilled he almost peed in his pants.

6. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Hey! someone has hacked my nick!

Chango2...whoever posted that was not me.

BUT...yes I do know Phil Ross, met him when I 1st started shooting trap in the early 70s. Super nice guy once you got thru his gruff exterior.

His Mod 12 was like magic on the trap field. He would hang sootballs when the bird was still a blur coming out of the trap house.

What kind of guy is he? Hes a big chunk of a guy...looks like a naval gun turret when shooting. But! One year at the Calif State Shoot, Phil won a buckle in an early event, instead of the usual BIG buckle, this was designed for a dress pair of pants. WE were kidding him that no one would see it on his belly, and if he could win another one, he could make them into earrings. There was a young kid in the gruoup of us and said that he thought it was a beatiful buckle and that he wished that he coulkd win one like it. Phil said "You really like it?" Kid said "Oh yes!" Phil said "Then it's yours!" and handed it to him. Kid was so thrilled he almost peed in his pants.

7. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Now everyone knows I am an idiot too.

8. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Idiot?????????? Hell, I just thought ya were gettin used to the release trigger.

9. mikezookie

mikezookie Member

That thud was his ass hitting the ground right after his left hand. That little fall caused him to go through many painful days in the hospitol. After several surguries and the wrist still not fixed the doctor agreed to one more. Phil said he wanted his thumb pointing straight out. After some thought the dr. asked him why he wanted such an unusal shaped hand. To which Phil said," So I can hold my model 12". True story. I'm sure others heard the same story.

The last time I saw him shoot he broke a 100 from 27 at Kingsburg.

A helluva a shot.

Mike

10. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

I don't know who Phil was, but Ahab was a moby dickhead!

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

...........and a camel named Clyde.

12. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Phil Ross was one of best shooters in the game in the 60's, 70's & 80's. He won I believe 4 California State singles titles. Plus All Around and HoA. He
    also won the HoA at the Grand one year.

His International accomplishments were outstanding.

Zook I believe when he fell out that tree is caused one of California's earthquakes. Just a little fellow if you all remember.

Zook are you shooting this year? I haven't been around and therefore have not
    had to opportunity to see you. Let me know and maybe we can put a squad together for Kingsburg if not sooner. If I do not hear from you sooner please
    have a Merry Xmas and successful New Year. - Jim Elliott

13. Wilma Harris

Wilma Harris TS Member

The falling out of a tree story is a true one. What was left out was that he sawed the limb off himself that he was on.

14. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

The Ahab that posted this is an imposter that hacked my nick.

That butthole doesn't have the guts to use his own nick.

signed,
    the "real" Ahab

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

phil ross on pressure in shooting games

phil ross trap shooter obituary in california

phil ross wins with model 12